A thank you from the gaffer :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
The biggest joy of the forum is meeting like minded people and going out for group rides in our quest for cake. I never thought I would enjoy riding in groups as much as I do with the forum and this site can claim all the credit for that addition to my cycling. Keep up the good work Shaun and the team,this is a good place for all cyclists

Globalti

Legendary Member
Wow! I was there... this means that on a conservative estimate of half an hour a week I must have spent a week of my life on this forum. Thanks for the company and thanks Shaun for the forum and the time, given generously and without complaint!

I've spent almost as much time on Singletrack but advertising has spoiled that a little.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Half an hour a week? You lightweight!!

Oh, hang on, some people still have jobs .... :blush:

That's a rough estimate trying to take account of the days when I don't come on at all. Some weeks I'm probably on for several hours.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder

potsy

Rambler
And I wouldn't have met @totallyfixed and DrPink !!! :thumbsup:
Yes, but it's not all bad ;)

As someone that had never used internet forums before and was a very newbie cyclist I can't begin to explain how nervous I was the first time I came along on a forum ride, the warm and friendly welcome meant I got more involved and have been on countless other rides since.

Made some good friends in my time here, even have one to thank for helping me find a job :thumbsup:

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I see I was part of the Grand arrivee on July 5, attracted here from C+ by the posts there saying how much nicer CC was after C+ fouled their forum up.

You could argue that Shaun's forum just happened to be the one everyone stumbled across while looking for an alternative to C+. But they obviously saw things they liked, and, more importantly, stayed because it was well-run, and its owner (unlike certain other (and probably rather wealthier) internetty people, didn't change it beyond all recognition every five minutes.

It's been.... life-enhancing probably isn't too strong a phrase. Thanks, Shaun.

Shame we can't all buy you the pint we owe you... then again, perhaps it's just as well.

Top Bottom