Calling all Nexus 7 owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfraser

Über Member
Me neither. I'm still on 4.4.4 - is that KitKat ?
Yes, that's KitKat.

Sandra6

Veteran
Mine updated to 5.0.2 the other day, no obvious problems other than the screen seeming slightly dimmer.
I preferred my phone before lollipop though

Mine updated last thing, wouldn't password unlock this morning without great difficulty - appears to be notification settings (and probably myMail) but fine once mail notifications are turned off. Display on auto brightness (or whatever it's called) was too dim - easily rectified in settings.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Thanks for the headsup that 5.0.2 is going out. I found my tablet and turned it on again, it installed the update and is now feeling quite a bit snappier

Dan B

Disengaged member
Mine has just offered to. Should I go for it?
It's an improvement on any previous 5.0.x but if you're still on Jelly Bean I would try and hold out.

cuberider

Über Member
My 2012 updated recently to 5.0.2 and apart from a annoying load screen its just a touch slower on wifi at the moment. Other than that its fine.

byegad

Legendary Member
Mine updated to 5.02 (It's a 2012 model.) and it is a little better than 5.0 which basically slowed it to a crawl and made it unusable. Still not what it was on KitKat but at least it's not scrap. I'm still VERY P'ed off with Google for not testing this before it was launched and warning 2012 model users to refuse to update.

I'll not be buying a Google tablet again that's for sure.

andyfraser

Über Member
Mine updated to 5.02 (It's a 2012 model.) and it is a little better than 5.0 which basically slowed it to a crawl and made it unusable. Still not what it was on KitKat but at least it's not scrap. I'm still VERY P'ed off with Google for not testing this before it was launched and warning 2012 model users to refuse to update.

I'll not be buying a Google tablet again that's for sure.
It's not just Google. My iPad 2 ground to a halt after I installed iOS8 on it. I don't use that iPad much now luckily and after a couple of updates it's usable again.

jiberjaber

Veteran

Lisa21

Mooching.............
My 2nd gen nexus7 wants to update to 5.0.1 but im not brave enough to. I dont want to brick it as its pretty close to perfect as it is.

Top Bottom