England : Lancashire ColinJ's 103 km or 107 mile 'Back from the Dead' forum ride Sat 29/03/14

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
enjoy your day xxx:hello:

Globalti

Legendary Member
What a cracking ride! The wind blew us all the way from the top of the Trough to Glasson Dock, fantastic fun it was. Nice also to see that people travelled from all over the country (@Biscuit from Suffolk or Sussex? Others from York and other places) and how fit and well Colin looked. The wind was tough for the return leg so @SamR, @kiwi-Sal and I jumped on the A6 and cruised straight down to Garstang where we went our separate ways.

Now back home after a total of 111 miles. Cracking day, great route, lovely to see some old friends and also put faces to some names as well.

I bonked at Longridge and had to stop at a garage. One frijj milkshake, one generic energy drink, one full fat coke and 15 mins rest did the trick. It was like being on a 200k audax!

I'd let my two cycling buddies go on ahead so it was nice when the fast group (who stayed longer at Glasson Dock) caught up with me at the Ribchester hump and gave me a tow for a bit.

Be warned. I have helmet cam footage and may be posting some after it is edited.

longers

Legendary Member
I thought this ride was on tomorrow and had planned on riding to the start to say a few hellos.

Not a lot of point now! Will have to aim for Colins next one then.

Nice day for it though.

Top Bottom