England : Warwickshire Ride to Warwicks 2014?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wanda2010

Guru
Am interested but am signed up for a 10 mile run on the Sunday. '10 mile road race' would be the correct description but a 6yo runs faster than me right now, so I'll be more than happy if I cross the finish line before night-fall.

I'll give it some more thought.

20 mins later: Have thought about this and will sign up. Having looked at trains from Marton, I'll opt for either Leamington (preferred) or either of the others, if anybody else is returning by that method?

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Am interested but am signed up for a 10 mile run on the Sunday. '10 mile road race' would be the correct description but a 6yo runs faster than me right now, so I'll be more than happy if I cross the finish line before night-fall.

I'll give it some more thought.

20 mins later: Have thought about this and will sign up. Having looked at trains from Marton, I'll opt for either Leamington (preferred) or either of the others, if anybody else is returning by that method?
Correct decision. Much more fun than running.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
By the way, my bike roofrack was delivered last week. It's still in its box as I'm scared to open it and start reading the inevitably incomprehensible instructions. So the offer of limited taxi service from Marton to a station should still stand. (Provided I pluck up courage and fit the rack).

wanda2010

Guru
DT, if I can find the courage to get to the start line on the Sunday morning, reading and sorting out the roof rack should be a breeze for you. Hopefully :smile:

Kies

By the way, my bike roofrack was delivered last week. It's still in its box as I'm scared to open it and start reading the inevitably incomprehensible instructions. So the offer of limited taxi service from Marton to a station should still stand. (Provided I pluck up courage and fit the rack).

Did you go Thule bars and Thule rack? Give me a shout if you need a hand

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Did you go Thule bars and Thule rack? Give me a shout if you need a hand
I did. Maybe a bank holiday job. I'll note you down as my Subject Matter Expert.

I spent today testing my legs with a Kentish century. I have to report that they became rubber while climbing the North Downs after about 90 miles. Fortunately this ride doesn't go anywhere near the North Downs.

gbs

Guru
I now have a conflict so I will bail out at Mentmore. So, one less for your kind friends to feed.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry to say I will have to drop out of this. Family do calls me for the evening.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Sorry to say I will have to drop out of this. Family do calls me for the evening.
Shame. Have fun.

Now would be a good time for a roll-call. I've still not organised a lunch stop, but I do have two in mind, so numbers would be good.
@Kies @Flying Dodo @velovoice @CharlieB @gbs (not lunch) @User13710 @Snail Bait @lilolee @Lincov @martint235 @Mr Haematocrit @Thomk @Davywalnuts @Tim Hall @Born2die @McWobble @mark st1 @redfalo @Aperitif @wanda2010

Plans are as per this post

I fitted the roof bars and bike carriers to my car at the weekend and loaded some bikes up. Then took them off. I woke up early on Sunday morning ready for the test drive but the weather was not great, so I persuaded Mrs Trousers to say that it was too nasty to go out with the bikes. This wasn't because I was afraid that they would blow off the roof, never to be seen again, at all. Oh dear no. First test run will be up to York on Friday. Oooer. Poor old Mr Dawes will be freezing his nuts off strapped to the roof up the A1.

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Shame. Have fun.

Now would be a good time for a roll-call. I've still not organised a lunch stop, but I do have two in mind, so numbers would be good.
@Kies @Flying Dodo @velovoice @CharlieB @gbs (not lunch) @User13710 @Snail Bait @lilolee @Lincov @martint235 @Mr Haematocrit @Thomk @Davywalnuts @Tim Hall @Born2die @McWobble @mark st1 @redfalo @Aperitif @wanda2010

Plans are as per this post

I fitted the roof bars and bike carriers to my car at the weekend and loaded some bikes up. Then took them off. I woke up early on Sunday morning ready for the test drive but the weather was not great, so I persuaded Mrs Trousers to say that it was too nasty to go out with the bikes. This wasn't because I was afraid that they would blow off the roof, never to be seen again, at all. Oh dear no. First test run will be up to Hull on Friday. Oooer. Poor old Mr Dawes will be freezing his nuts off strapped to the roof up the A1.
Still, still interested.....

Kies

Having looked at trains from Marton, I'll opt for either Leamington (preferred) or either of the others, if anybody else is returning by that method?

I will be heading into Coventry as staying with family after the ride. Coventry train station is 2 miles from them on a straight road, so more than welcome to tag along with me :-)

Top Bottom