FNRttC Southend on Sea Night Ride Thursday 24th March 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
likely closing date?
It is @AKA Bob 's gig so he'll decide on that.

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Hmm. Undecided. What date is the likely closing date?

As we are using Junction 31 and Weatherspoons then probably the ride will be open until a few days before the ride.

When I last checked we had 31 people signed up and that was a few days ago.

The first ride emails will be sent out early next week.

rb58

Enigma
I still think Old Leigh would be a better destination. It's right by Leigh on Sea station and I reckon the Peterboat pub could be persuaded to open early. They have loads of room inside and outside, plenty of space for bikes and is literally by coast. And you get to watch the cockle boats unloading. It would make the ride about 3 miles shorter though. Might be worth considering for next time.

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
I still think Old Leigh would be a better destination. It's right by Leigh on Sea station and I reckon the Peterboat pub could be persuaded to open early. They have loads of room inside and outside, plenty of space for bikes and is literally by coast. And you get to watch the cockle boats unloading. It would make the ride about 3 miles shorter though. Might be worth considering for next time.

Ross thank you for the suggestion. I have just spoken to the management and sadly it was a firm no as they don't do breakfast and wouldn't open until 11am. Happy to explore other suggestions.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Registration sent through.

martint235

Dog on a bike
That would be because it is in front of you sticking up out of the ground in a field, and we stop to look at it. The one at Arundel we do, to be fair to you for a moment, slip past underneath it and so close that you don't really get to see it as a whole.
Ah well, thanks to some repeated shouting and more than a little swearing from @GrumpyGregry I now know when to expect Arundel. Then again it's been a while and I'll probably forget.

Top Bottom