£1000 to spend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simgsxr

Dougster, just my experience with the Focus Cayo 105 compact, my first road bike bought in My 2009. Delivered in 2 days from order. Ridden in all weathers & max day distance 65 miles, very comfortable, bike has worked perfectly & for the discounted price at the moment, its an absolute bargain.

OP
OP
D

Dougster

Many thanks for all of the suggestions.

HobbesChoice

Dougster said:
Many thanks for all of the suggestions.

Hi Dougster, I've just ordered a focus cayo triple from Wiggle (possibly the same one you're looking at) so don't forget to register with them to get your £5 off. You get complimentary bike tools with it too.

The reviews alone on that site make it a reassuring purchase for me.

Spud

I have just spent two months comparing bikes and specs at the £1000 mark and opted for the Boardman Team Carbon. I went for this because,apart from spokes coming loose , I couldn't find a bad review . The Planet X SL Carbon also had good reviews but it was mentioned a couple of times the frame didn't feel very stiff.

Garz said:
I own a boardman and love it, however noticed a thread on another forum that already has it listed recently there is a raleigh avanti from wiggle on a lot of discount that would sway me tbh.

The money you save could be spent on some great kit to make your cycling even more fun! :biggrin:

I have seen the Raleigh Avanti you mention too but can't find many reviews. The problem is, I first decided on a Cayo, then realised they're discontinued in the right size and then the Culebro (both Focus) which is now also discontinued. Now, I kn ow its's january but I reckon if I decide on the Avanti it m ight be too late too!

Anybody know anything else about this bike??

Reviews? Why would you buy it say over a Riblle or a Boardman or Planet X? Because of the discount?

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
Harbornite said:

+1

Picked mine up on Saturday - it's gorgeous !!!

img01.jpg

The guy at Halfords said that they've taken the Ltd editions off the website, but there are still a few left that can be specially ordered ;)

Top Bottom