20 cm from Death - Outcome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simon_m

Guru
F**k me!

400bhp

Guru
That's the first time I have seen the video.

The video diesn't lie in this one - that was scary :ohmy:

I think this a good one to take to the papers.

BSRU

A Human Being
That's the first time I have seen it and it was a completely shocking piece of dangerous driving of an extremely large vehicle.

How they can state there is not enough evidence beggars belief.

e-rider

crappy member
If no contact is made it's almost impossible to press charges - so it doesn't surprise me (however, it is clearly wrong that it should be like this)

interesting to see that you don't cycle in the cycle lane - it looks perfectly useable (or is it just the camera position?)

BenM

Veteran
interesting to see that you don't cycle in the cycle lane
The highway code suggests that if you cycle faster than about 18mph you should not be using cycle lanes; AFAIK Magnatom only cycles as slow as 18mph in heavy traffic...... and what does the cycle lane have to do with the incident in question which clearly occurred on a roundabout?

B.

chigman

Made me shudder after watching that. That excuse of a driver should have he's license taken away for ever, that was a bang out of order piece of driving as I've seen. :angry:

Lack of evidence ? they gotta be on drugs, and if they're not, they are total morons.

I to would be taking that further, good luck to you.

Steve

ThePainInSpain

It may be that there is insufficient evidence to prosecute for 'Dangerous Driving', but maybe the lesser charge of 'Driving without due care and attention' should have been gone for.

If that had have been me, I think I would have tended to chase the MF and deck him.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
How about further action with the company? I'd want to write them and make a complaint, but I can't remember what came of any communications with them?

BSRU

A Human Being
It may be that there is insufficient evidence to prosecute for 'Dangerous Driving', but maybe the lesser charge of 'Driving without due care and attention' should have been gone for.

If that had have been me, I think I would have tended to chase the MF and deck him.

I think careless driving would have been easier but should have been done for something instead of nothing.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

BM,

I never contacted any company. Part of the reason was my belief that the evidence was so compelling that the case would be sure to make it to court. Lesson learned.

ThePaininSpain,

I certainly understood that this could be dropped to a careless driving charge. I could have almost understood that, but for it to be dropped completely...:angry:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I have asked the procurator fiscal to clarify why it felt there was insufficient evidence. I'll let you know when I hear.

Top Bottom