2019 Structured training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

Nebulous

Guru
After working all winter on the turbo the weather has turned a bit warmer and I've suddenly realised it's only 4 weeks until my first audax. I've turned up the effort a bit and have done 260km this week. I'm pleased with the fact that half of that was outdoors.

A 52 mile ride today, into a 23 mile an hour headwind. At one point I was struggling to hold 15 km an hour on the flat. Ended up with an average of 14.1mph.

You don't get that on zwift!

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
After working all winter on the turbo the weather has turned a bit warmer and I've suddenly realised it's only 4 weeks until my first audax. I've turned up the effort a bit and have done 260km this week. I'm pleased with the fact that half of that was outdoors.

A 52 mile ride today, into a 23 mile an hour headwind. At one point I was struggling to hold 15 km an hour on the flat. Ended up with an average of 14.1mph.

You don't get that on zwift!

Yes indeed, I nipped out today for 200km. It was not meant to be that long but after a good day with no mechanicals I extended it a bit towards the end. Like you first Audax in four weeks. Feel a bit better about getting back up to distance now.

CXRAndy

Guru
A 52 mile ride today, into a 23 mile an hour headwind. At one point I was struggling to hold 15 km an hour on the flat. Ended up with an average of 14.1mph

You went the wrong way, you could of had a 28mph ave with a 23mph tailwind :biggrin:

Nebulous

Guru
You went the wrong way, you could of had a 28mph ave with a 23mph tailwind :biggrin:

I usually do a loop, or out and back, but unfortunately I was away for the weekend and decided to bike home - so it had to be point to point. A bit of climbing as well, though the open tops were more strenuous than going up the hills.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I’m having a nice easy couple of weeks of active recovery, mainly doing endurance work with little drills to keep me from falling asleep. Hour long, easy sessions almost daily as I am not cycling on the school run as it’s half term. Rest day on Sundays.

Deciding whether or not I should do a third active recover week as work is very physical at the moment. Trees and hedges mainly. Some hard digging too. Must be good core strength work surely?

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Did my delayed V02 Max intervals today. Warm up, 5 x 3 min at Vo2 max, 3 min recoveries, Cool down. They almost killed me last week at the new intensities. Seemed to handle them better today but boy am I glad when I reach the cool down period.

I put all the data into Golden Cheetah and it estimates that my V02 Max has climbed 13% since beginning of Jan which is excellent news.

Last edited:
Top Bottom