2019 Structured training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Too late leaving work tonight and I didn't think I had enough time after a turbo session to calm down before bed so I opted for a few intervals on the commute zone 4 was easy enough but I was too cautious in the dark and wet and didn't push my self hard enough to get in to zone 5 :-/

I'm going to be shattered tomorrow. I left work on time and took a very gentle wind assisted commute to save my legs for an interval session on the turbo. I ended up 14w up on my ftp. Feeling it now in the legs but not tired enough in the head :stop:

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Now done my final turbo sessions of this training period. Another one that was much easier than four weeks ago. A few recovery days now then next time on turbo will be a FTP test. My numbers have to be up, it is just a question of how much.

mattobrien

Guru
Now done my final turbo sessions of this training period. Another one that was much easier than four weeks ago. A few recovery days now then next time on turbo will be a FTP test. My numbers have to be up, it is just a question of how much.
Good luck with your FTP and be sure to let us know how you get on.

I can't even begin to think when my training period ends :cry:

Nebulous

Guru
Less than a week to go until my first audax. I've had 4 rest days this week, the most I've had since November. I've also done 100 miles outdoors, with rain, hail, 40 mph winds and today thick snow. A good opportunity to check out my bike and clothing as well as how I'm doing myself. There's a possibility of snow for my 200 next week.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Less than a week to go until my first audax. I've had 4 rest days this week, the most I've had since November. I've also done 100 miles outdoors, with rain, hail, 40 mph winds and today thick snow. A good opportunity to check out my bike and clothing as well as how I'm doing myself. There's a possibility of snow for my 200 next week.

Which 200?

Nebulous

Guru
Which 200?
Monster munch. From Duffus near Elgin to Carrbridge / Loch Ness / Inverness.

The forecast has improved slightly now, but Carrbridge is still looking at snow the night before.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
FTP test completed this afternoon. I was enjoying it till halfway through then it was a case of focusing on the next minute then the next one after that as the hurt kicked in more and more.

Result is FTP has climbed from 219 to 235 watts during February's training phase. So a 7% uplift and my weight has gone from 77kg to 76kg. That brings my power to weight at FTP to 3.1W/Kg. That was my target for PBP in August. Gains will likely decrease each period but now wondering if 3.5W/kg is a possibility by the summer.

Might try ramp test on Wed as comparison. Got a 200km Audax on Sat as a PBP qualifier. Then next period of training from next Monday. Last month the volume was VO2 Max intervals and low intensity. Focus now switching volume to Threshold in next four week block.

Last edited:
Top Bottom