2019 Structured training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Didn't think I'd get any training in this week but I did and it went surprisingly well last night and some gentle recovery sessions tonight too :smile: I did make the mistake of doing last night's session at a high cadence when it was supposed to be done at a medium cadence. High cadence sessions do seem to work better for me at the moment anyway :okay:

Nebulous

Guru
Well that was tough. Snow, sleet, rain and quite strong winds. I did about 206km in less than 10 hours total. I'm definitely fitter than I was at the same point last year. Still some way to go though.

My Garmin packed in about 3/4s of the way round, which is quite annoying. It isn't very old and has been well looked after.

Well that was tough. Snow, sleet, rain and quite strong winds. I did about 206km in less than 10 hours total. I'm definitely fitter than I was at the same point last year. Still some way to go though.

My Garmin packed in about 3/4s of the way round, which is quite annoying. It isn't very old and has been well looked after.
Well done :bravo:I was gutted when I done the LBL after 63miles of torrential rain my Garmin died but luckily I had a back up gps to record the last 105miles. I still have to figure out how to furness the first 63 miles though :laugh:
Capture.JPG

JhnBssll

Veteran
This mornings club ride was called off due to the high winds so I decided to do a session on the turbo. For reasons unknown I chose a 2hr10min SST session, certainly my longest session to date. In hindsight I think braving the wind would have been easier :laugh:

Last edited:

JhnBssll

Veteran
Time for a Hammerhead Karoo then? :whistle:

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Started intervals at new intensities thus lunchtime but stopped after 30 mins as head not in the game. Tried again tonight and got the session completed successfully. Shows how important the head is when you are working at intensities that hurt for longer than you would wish.

Nebulous

Guru
Nope, it was at the end of its life, so I'd been carrying a 200 for a while (it doesn't show metrics but it was better than nothing). I had recovered the 800 several times before but it was completely dead this time.

My one is a 1000, about 2 years old. It hasn't come back, if it does start it does a few minutes and then closes down. After toing and froing by email with no success I phoned them yesterday. They seem to think it is water damage and have agreed to swap it for a reconditioned one. I'm delighted with that.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Well the same workout as Thursday and my heart rate max and average are 13 bpm lower for the same power outputs. My HRV App said light exercise Thursday and said go for it today. Maybe it is right after all about the stress my body is under and therefore what kind of exercise I should or should not do in my training each day. The intervals felt good today, all under control, felt strong.

Top Bottom