2021 Brompton C-Line Explore

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
This may be a viable alternative, some reviewers prefer this to the Spur cycle bell.
LION BELL LINK

And it’s made in England.

Last edited:

Origamist

Legendary Member
Thanks - I can get it for a little less from Brompton with the discount code I'm determined to use; problem is that I'm supposed to be saving money and £50+ on a bell is frankly ridiculous.. especially given how dirt cheap similar (yet admittedly inferior) alternatives are from China.

I could definitely do with something better than the standard bell however..

Indeed... I'm definitely that sort of person. I do have to temper that with some degree of financial responsibility, however..

Whilst not comparable to the Spurcycle bell, the Zefal brass bell at sub £7 would complement your frame and brass plates. I find its ping loud and adequately sonorous😄

Screenshot_20230808_080138_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
But then: It is pretty obvious that the knockoffs may look close to similar but can not be the same thing and can not offer the same quality.

There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey.

I can absolutely understand if one is not willing to (or simply cannot) spend this amount of money on a bell. I do own a couple of Spurcycles for years already and did never regret buying them - they are a joy to look at, a joy to use and they work brilliantly. If I had knowingly bought a fake copy I would feel cheap. Rather than a copy I would buy a completely different bell.
Why would one buy a fake copy: Obviously because one likes the original. How could a fake then be satisfactory? Every single day it would remind you being cheap and supporting copy cats and intellectual theft.
Indeed, I'm well familiar with all the arguments for and against and generally far more receptive to the moral argument. The difference in price of a factor of 20 or so tends to dimish that slightly, however..

This may be a viable alternative, some reviewers prefer this to the Spur cycle bell.
LION BELL LINK

And it’s made in England.
Thanks - that was on the shortlist; looks and sounds nice but I do prefer the compact aesthetic of the Spurcycle..

Whilst not comparable to the Spurcycle bell, the Zefal brass bell at sub £7 would complement your frame and brass plates. I find its ping loud and adequately sonorous😄

View attachment 701906
Thansks - I'll add it to the list :tongue:

Kell

Veteran
An airhorn undoubtedly works. but I think most pedestrians find it very aggressive...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sFKRFLsraU

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

Yeah, I'd very much like an air horn for the knobhead drivers who see fit to pass me within one wing mirror's width.. using it against peds isn't going to do anyone any favours however, IMO. *EDIT* unless they're being dicks, obviously.

Last edited:
OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I can see the appeal, but that's terrible. How would we feel if motorists did that to us?
Legitimately admonished if I was wondering around (as a pedestrian) in the middle of the road paying zero attention..

Being childish, I do find an air horn very funny

View: https://youtu.be/7C1Pr4AU2wc

Not sure whether I hate Jackass or golfers more tbh; a video with no winners!

Ta - not sure how I'd get on with collapsing it however!

Top Bottom