235 miles a day for a year (Amanda Coker Challenge)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I'd be very interested in regular updates. The info above is a good start. A graph showing cumulative total vs required would be good.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
OK, I'll look into those. Need to shake out the basic bugs first.

Yep, following Steve on those mileages is difficult and I like stats. Possibly a bit out but I'd be interesting given his desire for consistency to look at the standard deviation in his mileages over time.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Yep, following Steve on those mileages is difficult and I like stats. Possibly a bit out but I'd be interesting given his desire for consistency to look at the standard deviation in his mileages over time.
How about this
upload_2017-3-28_15-31-5.png

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It is a shame those of us interested in following Steve have to rely on the efforts of Ivan, Doggers, and a couple of others.

Stark comparison to the professionally produced google spreadsheet on Amanda's progres by @cmiller who, I gather, is a member of her team.

Incidentally, I see she's now on 260-odd miles a day - and a recent day of 270 miles - as she chases Steve's month record.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...8ErqyFqBvnHk/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=2022488017

It is a shame those of us interested in following Steve have to rely on the efforts of Ivan, Doggers, and a couple of others.

Stark comparison to the professionally produced google spreadsheet on Amanda's progres by @cmiller who, I gather, is a member of her team.

Incidentally, I see she's now on 260-odd miles a day - and a recent day of 270 miles - as she chases Steve's month record.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...8ErqyFqBvnHk/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=2022488017
?? I am having no trouble following Steve's exploits without graphs and spreadsheets.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
?? I am having no trouble following Steve's exploits without graphs and spreadsheets.

Are you not interested in miles per day and average miles per day?

The official tracker is all but useless for that.

For an enterprise that claims to want to engage the public the official supply of information is woeful.

Which may go some way to explain the relative lack of interest in this attempt.

Are you not interested in miles per day and average miles per day?

The official tracker is all but useless for that.

For an enterprise that claims to want to engage the public the official supply of information is woeful.

Which may go some way to explain the relative lack of interest in this attempt.
Where did I say that? Quite the reverse! What I said was, I don't need spreadsheets and graphs to feed and maintain that interest. Some people do.

I think part of the fun for me (I am an engineer.....) is understanding trends and progression against the goal. Just a series of utterly crazy rides doesn't form that narrative for me.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Where did I say that? Quite the reverse! What I said was, I don't need spreadsheets and graphs to feed and maintain that interest. Some people do.

Perhaps you have access to information I don't, but I'm struggling to get an up-to-date average miles per day, even using third party sources.

I think that figure - and a list of daily mileages - ought to be available on the attempt's website.

As @tallliman says, piecemeal ludicrously long day rides don't make up the story of a cyclist's attempt to cycle further in a year than anybody else.

Perhaps you have access to information I don't, but I'm struggling to get an up-to-date average miles per day, even using third party sources.

I think that figure - and a list of daily mileages - ought to be available on the attempt's website.

As @tallliman says, piecemeal ludicrously long day rides don't make up the story of a cyclist's attempt to cycle further in a year than anybody else.
Following him on Strava doesn't give you what you need?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4740707, member: 9609"]I take it this is Steve's record attempt you are referring to ? I can find what I need for Amanda but not for Steve - which is just odd ?

Looks like Amanda will take the year record this weekend - amazing stuff[/QUOTE]

I think Amanda is due to pass Godwin's total at the weekend, eclipsing Searvogel will take another week or two.

She will then obliterate Steve's month record, which she's on course to beat by 1,000 miles.

So in the space of a few weeks, Amanda will have spanked the backsides of Godwin, Searvogel, and Abraham.

Which one might describe as girl power.

Top Bottom