2nd love

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Having been completely infatuated with cycling for the last few years I've decided to go back to one of the hobbies that I used to love...archery! It's been quite a few years now since I shot but I've bought all of the kit (wife not too impressed) and am going for my first session on Monday. The local club is only about 5 miles away so will be quite a nice cycle to and from there so I can combine both of my passions (but not at the same time of course as it could be quite dangerous cycling and shooting - although I'm sure someone out there has tried it!!!).

Anyone got a second sporting/hobby love?

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Golf!!

Love it. Edges cycling to be honest.

The_Cycling_Scientist

Über Member
Photography is my 2nd hobby! Got a fairly good amount of kit and a few site I share my work on like Flickr, youpic, Facebook page. But with work being so busy of late I've not got out with the camera much lately and mainly shot bike pics or bird pics!

Www.facebook.com/tominsolephotography
Www.flickr.com/photos/Mr-nutter1925
Can't remember the link to my youpic will add it later when at the pc :smile:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Motorcycling - although my interest seems to be fading as the years go by. I know my reactions aren't what they once were, and I can't be bothered with all the faff any more (contact lenses in, plus all the gear to put on). SMIDSY also applies to motorbikes but usually at higher speeds.
My current bike, a Honda CBF600S, will probably be my last :sad:. End of an era, passed my test in 1983.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Having been completely infatuated with cycling for the last few years I've decided to go back to one of the hobbies that I used to love...archery! It's been quite a few years now since I shot but I've bought all of the kit (wife not too impressed) and am going for my first session on Monday. The local club is only about 5 miles away so will be quite a nice cycle to and from there so I can combine both of my passions (but not at the same time of course as it could be quite dangerous cycling and shooting - although I'm sure someone out there has tried it!!!).

Anyone got a second sporting/hobby love?
There is a local archery club uses one of the school playing fields here and I often stood and watched for a while. Looks fun and quite skilful. I was amazed how far away from the targets they were and the speed of the arrows.

I am quite enjoying trying running again ( well, gentle jogging really). It is hard at the time but seems to give me more of a buzz than cycling some days.

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
There is a local archery club uses one of the school playing fields here and I often stood and watched for a while. Looks fun and quite skilful. I was amazed how far away from the targets they were and the speed of the arrows.

I am quite enjoying trying running again ( well, gentle jogging really). It is hard at the time but seems to give me more of a buzz than cycling some days.
Hats off to you on the running front...I've tried (gingerly) but just can't get into it! Too much pain!

I've got lots of fantastic memories of archery...really got into it at Uni and it got me out about to lots of places throughout Scotland. I got to shoot in Aberdeen, Stirling, Glasgow and lots of other places and have a particularly funny memory of an impromptu food eating challenge on a railway platform in Montrose!

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Swimming, Amateur Radio, Birdwatching and Photography..

screenman

Legendary Member
Swimming and cycling, not sure which I would pick if I could only do one, more than likely swimming as it gives a far better overall fitness level.

Landscape photography, but it's on hold at the moment due to my lack of mobility which is a really shame because this time of year usually produced my best shots.

Winter mountaineering. Not been out for 4 years due to going off on a certain cycling tour, selling some of the kit. Expecting to be full fit and able bodied when we got back and not being!

Swimming. Ditto, but also don't have access to a free swimming pool anymore so finance is the issue.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Walking. To be honest, I enjoy it better than cycling as I dont have to change into different clothes or get anything ready. Just put my trainers on and go. Its also very hilly here in the cambrian mountains, making cycling even harder.

And we have some beautiful forestry commission land within half a mile of my house, so its easy to walk, Into the forest. Plus, I enjoy taking photos. Im rubbish at it, but I enjoy it.

Sharky

Guru
Table tennis - been playing local league TT since 1970 - not quite as long as I have been doing the other TT's (since 1967). One sport a winter activity and one a summer, although I do both all year round. When one gets a bit "stale", the other one keeps me going and gets me motivated.
Keith

Top Bottom