4th day with camera... bad overtake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bman

Guru
Yeah, that seemed too fast and a bit too close. He could have given you more room without crossing the center lines!

I havn't ridden this road and Im not able to fully judge from your video, but maybe you could do with being in a slightly stronger secondary position? It would at least give you more room to escape the close overtakes.

I don't think it's the worse, but he could have been a bit more patient/given you a bit more room. Could just be a simple misjudgement.

OP
OP
jig-sore

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
good point, but i don't like to slow people down.

i do move out just after the clip ends to stop people overtaking just before the roundabout ahead.

its a very thin road for the amount of traffic and a main route for lorries from Daventry to the M1

cloggsy

Boardmanist
I hope you've reported this to the Police?

Overtaking on double solid white lines with you doing 20/25 mph is illegal for a start.

He'd probably get done for 'driving without due care' at the very least!

P.S. What Camera are you using; nice clear shot of the registration in the vid! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
jig-sore

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
I hope you've reported this to the Police?

Overtaking on double solid white lines with you doing 20/25 mph is illegal for a start.

He'd probably get done for 'driving without due care' at the very least!

P.S. What Camera are you using; nice clear shot of the registration in the vid! :thumbsup:

not police, but have e-mailed company to ask for a comment from them

camera is a £14.99 DVR D011 from 7dayshop.com. only had it 5 days. apparently they stop working after a week :laugh:

abo

Overtook you on a solid white line... Granted, he didn't actually cross that line :whistle:

corshamjim

2008 is, like, three years ago... Do you not think it's time to move on? :rolleyes:

(only kidding btw) Yes it looked pretty stupid. I see similar fairly often on my commute to work - not seen any collisions yet though so probably not as bad as it looks.

400bhp

Guru
Overtook you on a solid white line... Granted, he didn't actually cross that line :whistle:

The solid white line looks like it stops before the corner and becomes a broken white line, letting overtaking manouvres allowed.

Didn't look particularly bad on the camera.

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
A bit close given the speed, but not extreme enough to warrant a police report IMHO. I've reported much worse ones than this and they've claimed they can't do much.

Top Bottom