52 cafes in 52 weeks - challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry I know this has probably been asked before but how do I add a cafe to the map? I’ve tried sharing to drive and setting access to everyone with the link but nothing seems to happen? TIA

*edit* I’m on an iPhone

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Sorry I know this has probably been asked before but how do I add a cafe to the map? I’ve tried sharing to drive and setting access to everyone with the link but nothing seems to happen? TIA

*edit* I’m on an iPhone
Try this method:
In my very clunky words:

On the CC map, at the top is a search bar
Under that is what looks like an upside down teardrop. Click on that.
Then click on the map, where your cafe is. A little details box should pop up.
Add the name of the cafe and some details (ie, best cake to choose)
Click save

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Cafe 11, week 11: falling behind on this one as it's been wet and I didn't stop on last week's 200k audax.

No photo - I'll get one on my next visit - The Watering Hole, Gawthorpe.

1646567654378.jpeg

Just a short ride out before son no. 2 races this afternoon. It's local, but enough to stretch the legs.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Our plans were thrown into disarray today as Mr Helen was supposed to be walking with his brother from Grassington but we got a call first thing to say he was ill. I was going to get a lift and cycle home. I decided to keep Mr Helen company instead on a walk from Ilkley. It's been a glorious day. Our chosen cafe was just closing up as we got there. The Yorkshire establishment that is Betty's stays open until 5pm so we went posh ^_^. It's not the usual post-exercise place to go and I felt a bit self conscious in my slightly muddy walking gear but the staff were lovely and the coffee excellent.

IMG_20220306_164715.jpg
IMG_20220306_162357.jpg
IMG_20220306_131317.jpg

DCLane

Cafe12, week 11: Queen's Mill Tea Rooms, Castleford

Supposed to be heading to Birkin (I'll add that when I get there at some point) we turned early and I stopped here, son no. 2 heading home without stopping.

Coffee, a scone over-looking the river. Very 'ladies do coffee and cakes' rather than grubby cyclists in lycra and at river-view prices :blink:

PXL_20220309_101441435.jpg

There's a cyclists cafe nearby, but it's not open on a Wednesday.

Last edited:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
@DCLane Keep up the Yorkshire cafe recommendations. I may have to follow you round the county :hungry:. There seems to be a dearth of recommendations north of Leeds so I will nobly do my bit for Cyclechatters and track some down ^_^.

DCLane

@HelenD123 - happy to do so :okay: :mrpig: :tongue:

I picked up a couple of others I'd not seen whilst out today; Hillam Potting Shed (LS25 5HR) which is probably too near Birkin to be popular, there's Sherburn Aero Club and the Maltings Tea Rooms run by the same people now it seems that I need to add to the map, Leeds East Airport has a good cafe, and there's a little one at RSPB St Aidans near Allerton Bywater. Oh, and the Lemon Tree in Tadcaster plus a pile of others I need to visit, then add to the map. If into vintage/race cars there's also The Motorist at Sherburn airfield as well. I've added them now to the map.

Last edited:
Top Bottom