A new inner tube that cost more than most tyres.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's got thermoplastic. Count me in.

Drago

Legendary Member
Skeptical about claims of "smoother ride" etc. I'll wait until that has been technically determined and we can see the hard data rather than rely on mere the impression of a technically unqualified event organiser who moonlights as a cycling writer on the side.

Tenkaykev

Guru
There was a similar Brompton sized inner tube “ Tubolito reviewed on Brilliant Bikes YouTube channel a while back. They were going to give it a long term test and report back but I’ve not seen an update.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
We're trying the similar Tubolito S-tubo inner tubes on my son's new race wheels when his new bike finally arrives

Similarly eye-wincing price, more than latex tubes.

roley poley

Über Member
I like an inner tube I can repair if I need to, not use once and throw away.
The Tubolito needs a unique repair kit for it's compound ..so I will stick to bog stranded rubber and take the same repair/tool kit from bike to bike thanks

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
A quote from the article

"but for those looking to drop weight it offers better savings per gram than most other options"

This is not correct. The writer is assuming that the tube lasts as long as the components on the bike. If you can't get something as simple and basic as this right, I'll take the writer's subjective opinion on improved ride with a large pinch of salt

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom