A nursery in my street

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have seen a Little Angels Montessori in my town too. I am not sure what a Montessori is. :scratch:
It's a style of teaching young uns and quite popular amongst nurseries. Google it.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I could think of a lot worse things than nurseries to open up near to me. Take-aways,taxi ranks,late night off licenses,small buildings these days can apply for licenses to sell bottled beer till all hours,and other late night anti social behaviour things. Nurseries close late afternoon and the properties are generally well maintained. Worrying that a parent might see your bike and fancy nicking it,well that could happen anywhere.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A takeaway, taxi offiice or off-licence would need planning permission which, in the middle of a residential street, is most unlikely to be granted.

Child minding/nursery seems to be OK from a regulatory point of view, certainly on this relatively modest scale.

I wonder what the immediate neighbour thinks.

The party walls in the street are not sound proof, and his house must now be harder to sell.

Easy to bellow 'nimby' from distance, but who is going to buy a terraced house with a nursery next to it, when all the other terraced houses you could buy have nice, well-kept terraced houses next to them.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I wouldn't want Pale Rider's death on my conscience.
Are you sure.....

No, people have died because of that.
Have they? I heard that was an urban myth - the paediatrician killed because those marching were too stupid to now the difference. Heard is was just used to ridicule some people for what was a genuine concern

[QUOTE 3533407, member: 9609"]I would be concerned on how it would affect property prices, have a word with a valuer and see what they think, if it is likely it could knock 5% of the value then I would definitely complain -[/QUOTE]
We didn't stay in the area we were temporarily renting because there were no nurseries around and ended up buying in an area that had 3 . My wife and I both work fulltime and childcare is high on our list of requirements.

Top Bottom