A question about Jelly babies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I hear these are a good source of fast acting energy while riding but they come in quite a large bag so whats the recommended dose of jelly babies . Also do you bite the head off first and then the rest or is there another method .
Finally , what do you do with the green ones ? Is it bad form to drop them at the side of the road when you pull a green one out?
:biggrin:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Excellent conundrum ..... will have to think about that.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I hear these are a good source of fast acting energy while riding but they come in quite a large bag so whats the recommended dose of jelly babies . Also do you bite the head off first and then the rest or is there another method .
Finally , what do you do with the green ones ? Is it bad form to drop them at the side of the road when you pull a green one out?
:biggrin:
I am anti litter but I'm not a loony about it. I think that if you drop something entirely edible then it won't stay there for long before something eats it. In the case of jellie babies it may also just disolve before it gets eaten. It may take a little longer for a green one to get eaten because they are not as nice but it will still be gone in a short while. Perhaps if you're out in the country side it would be as well to yak them a good distance into a field so that they are never visible but in town you can probably find a pigeon that will eat it. They eat anything and has no teeth to rot.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I am anti litter but I'm not a loony about it. I think that if you drop something entirely edible then it won't stay there for long before something eats it. In the case of jellie babies it may also just disolve before it gets eaten. It may take a little longer for a green one to get eaten because they are not as nice but it will still be gone in a short while. Perhaps if you're out in the country side it would be as well to yak them a good distance into a field so that they are never visible but in town you can probably find a pigeon that will eat it. They eat anything and has no teeth to rot.
If you come to Rhyl and drop a jelly baby, it wont even touch the ground before someone eats it.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
If you come to Rhyl and drop a jelly baby, it wont even touch the ground before someone eats it.
I'm just trying to work out if that's a good thing or a bad thing about Rhyl? Are the people there so clean and tidy that someone will have put it in the bin befor it hits the ground or are they all just desperately hungry and ready to dive on the merest morsell?

MarkF

Guru
They give you mad cow disease, I don't touch them nowadays, I do miss the black ones though and the head always went first. :smile:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
That was mean, it was a black one :ohmy:

Actually I only eat Yellow & Orange jelly babies. My Dad said that the black ones were made of coal and the red ones were made of squashed beetles. The green ones go in the 'green sweet bag' and they get offered to passengers when we are on a car journey :laugh:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I have a 30 min alert on the ole garmin, grab a few from the bag when I get the chance (safe group ride feeding :biggrin:)

None are discriminated against.

Reactions: gaz

yello

I like to perform cosmetic surgery on them and nibble bits off. It takes practice and dedication but the results of worthwhile. Have you ever seen a Winona Ryder jelly baby? Or I perform Frankenstein type operations and bite bits off of several just to remold them into one grotesque form. Mutant jelly babies. Yum.

I can do all of the above whilst riding btw. It helps pass the time.

Can I just mention gummy bears. I'm in a minority, I know, but I prefer gummy bears.

Top Bottom