A thread for garmin problems you've fixed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is probably an unusual Garmin problem in that it was caused by the cat. Mrs A's Garmin is often left on a coffee table by a radiator that attracts our old ginger cat. Stretching out for maximum warmth, he pushed said Edge 200 into the bin below which was thrown out before anyone noticed. I tried replacing it with the more recent 25 model, but this pegged out on a modest 50 mile ride (a slow one!) on Sunday, so "not good enough", I thought. Wish I still had the 200, said she. Mine lasted all day, even though it is at least 4 years old. Love it to bits. Simple, big numbers I can read without glasses. Does all I want to record my rides. No interest in navigating. I like being lost.
So, try Ebay? I saw a Taiwanese Edge 200 being offered for £80 including an out-front mount. Worth a try? I think so. You have to set the language from Chinese to English, but that is simple enough. It paired up with my Connect account quite happily, so presumably legitimate. Quality seems to be as good as the original.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Solved my Garmin issues with a hammer!

I feel like this about my virb original replaced under warranty now also only recording between 15 and 40 mins before going off .

Garmin offered to sell me another at a discounted price .... No thanks :angry:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Mine still borked via bluetooth. Connects to my phone no worries but will not sync a ride in the app. I have red exclamation mark in the device list. Connected but has an issue. Tech support helping me a wee bit just now but long time out of warranty. I might just chuck on the bay and look for an alternative. Quite fancy an all in one watch this time.

Top Bottom