ABC Towns and Villages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Got this today...

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Victoria Dock Village ...
IMG_20191031_132601.jpg

IMG_20191031_132550.jpg

IMG_20191031_132915.jpg

Last edited:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Continuing the namesakes theme, an early morning E from yesterday. Using the criterion "Which Wikipedia entry does Google list first", the Derbyshire example is clearly the greater of the two:

Not really the best I could have done, but E isn't the easiest. I should have been on holiday in East Yorkshire this week but had to give my place to my eldest daughter. I'd been hoping to visit Everton, near Doncaster, as well as the Tom Simpson memorial in Harworth. :sad:

If anyone from the South Midlands or thereabouts is struggling for a V, and if twin town names are acceptable, I noticed later on that Alcester is twinned with Vallet, France. Since within 4 miles you can also pick up Wixford and Exhall, it could be worth making the journey.

burntoutbanger

Veteran
Saturday was an out and back to Umberleigh.

104km but fairly flat with only 800m of climbing but boy did it rain! Oh and it was cold too. The rest of my alphabet are all closer, only five to go.

burntoutbanger

Veteran
V - W - eX

49km with 574m of climbing, not too bad seeing as the last 12km or so were pancake flat. Out through the lanes to Crediton then more lanes to Tedburn St Mary passing through Venny Tedburn. Then more quiet roads and getting lumpier up to Whitestone which I've always thought has a rather pretty sign. Dropping back down into Exeter and picking up EXminster on the outskirts (having already used Exeter for my E).

Had considered extending out to Yettington for my Y but it would have added a fair distance and I wasn't really feeling it today. On returning home and looking at the map I was reminded of an alternative Y that also happens to be vaguely in the same direction as my Z so all in all no bad thing.

Oh and the lanes were muckier and wetter than I'd hoped but at least it was dry from above.

Two to go! ^_^

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Just spent a pleasant hour re-reading this thread, I can’t believe where the time has gone, and I can’t believe that I did all those rides.

It was great reading about and seeing photos of all the places everyone visited. There’s still a couple of weeks to go to finish the challenge for those who are up for it.

Thanks Reiver for kicking it off, I had a great time on the rides and it got me out on the bike when I wasn’t feeling like it.:cheers:

Top Bottom