ABC Towns and Villages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
My last effort on this was 19th Jan! :sad: I'm going to use one of my byes for J, as the nearest is a long ride across the Severn that I don't feel I can justify as 'daily exercise' at the moment.
1587907856015.png

Alveston, Berkeley, Cam, Dursley, Eastington, Frocester, Gossington Bridge, Ham, Iron Acton

Mike_P

Guru
I have started doing an ABC but have got stuck on J - the three possible options I have are
1. Jack Hill which is really just the name of a lane with a farm on it,
2. Jennyfield which is a housing estate but does have an Evangelical church with the place name in it
3. Jervaulx which is an Abbey and only that.
Any thoughts anyone?

lazybloke

Considering a new username

Mike_P

Guru
It's 25 years since i left Leeds. I'd agree with sticking North of the city. Found another j yet?
No pretty J-less part of the country other than those not quite villages I mentioned.
If you can't, you can't. Skip the J and move on. Some people use a bit of leeway, like X-ning for Exening, but there's no hard and fast rules to this.
Thanks, yes Dewsbury was mentioned in the context of it sounds like jewsbury, 56 mile round trip at least which is realistic mileage wise but I can see a few hills immediately on the route that I would need the use of shank's pony on and the route would immediately need tweaking as there are roads to avoid due to their nature so the mileage will be a lot more.
So looks like skipping J.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Jump does seem to have a least one boundary sign (unless it's disappeared since the streetview picture was taken). And I don't think anyone's been there yet, so much kudos if you could:

But if Jennyfield has a church as you describe that's a great deal better than a pass.

If you can't, you can't. Skip the J and move on. Some people use a bit of leeway, like X-ning for Exening, but there's no hard and fast rules to this.
I think Ex for X is regarded as the way to do it, rather than being a workaround.

Top Bottom