ABC Towns and Villages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Second word variant:

Previously done:
Broughton Astley
Dunton Bassett
Clay Coton
Clifton upon Dunsmore
Sutton in the Elms

Today's Ride:
Aston Flamville
Stoke Golding
Higham on the Hill

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

Closet "I" I can find is Long Itchington which is 31 miles away, the good thing is I can get Marston Jabbett on the way back. I've identified every letter bar Q and X, apart from Y they are all pretty local to me

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Second word variant:

Previously done:
Broughton Astley
Dunton Bassett
Clay Coton
Clifton upon Dunsmore
Sutton in the Elms

Today's Ride:
Aston Flamville
Stoke Golding
Higham on the Hill

View attachment 658053

View attachment 658054

View attachment 658055

Closet "I" I can find is Long Itchington which is 31 miles away, the good thing is I can get Marston Jabbett on the way back. I've identified every letter bar Q and X, apart from Y they are all pretty local to me

You and your posh doubled barrelled village names. I think most of us are too chilled to be bothered about first or second word variants. Part of the original challenge got me doing routes I wouldn’t have normally done to collect the village letters. It’s all good.

13 rider

Guru
Second word variant:

Previously done:
Broughton Astley
Dunton Bassett
Clay Coton
Clifton upon Dunsmore
Sutton in the Elms

Today's Ride:
Aston Flamville
Stoke Golding
Higham on the Hill

View attachment 658053

View attachment 658054

View attachment 658055

With X normally being the second letter how about Great Oxenden ? Can't help with Q

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
With X normally being the second letter how about Great Oxenden ? Can't help with Q

Second word variant:

Previously done:
Broughton Astley
Dunton Bassett
Clay Coton
Clifton upon Dunsmore
Sutton in the Elms

Today's Ride:
Aston Flamville
Stoke Golding
Higham on the Hill

View attachment 658053

View attachment 658054

View attachment 658055

Here is Q for you

5CDEABDB-08B0-4B0F-8397-9AF2DC4ADA72.jpeg

Mike_P

Guru
I started doing second word version which has so far as reached the N and then halted, due to an injured ankle. That was a result of ending up facing backwards on all fours when dismounting from my ebike I caught my rucksack on top of the pannier rack with the ebike ending up on my back. In one sense it was fortunate as I could not think of an O and would have skipped it when it in fact it later became flipping obvious where an O was. Maybe in the near future the road bike might turn wheel in anger for the first time since April as although I have been using the ebike I am not sure it has the range needed even if the assist is only used on uphill sections.
Done so far Barkston Ash, Dacre Banks, Norton Conyers, High Ellington, Monk Fryston, Branton Green, Green Hammerton, Foss Island, Purston Jaglin, East Keswick, Low Laithe, Nun Monkton and Temple Newsam; photos in the Your Ride today thread between 22 Jan and mid April.
There's another challenge amongst those, do a second word place and then the same word as a first word.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
That'll be mine too if I get that far. The sign between the two villages has both names on opposite sides, so you really do have a choice.

I've temporarily forgotten what my Y can be. I think it's somewhere near Oxford. 👨‍🦳

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Some more posh double-barrelled village names picked up yesterday afternoon.

The Lench Hills are a small range north of the Warwickshire Avon near Evesham. They're full of sharp little hills, pretty villages and nice views around every corner. The villages all follow a clear naming standard:

LMNa.JPG

LMNb.JPG

LMNc.JPG

So that's L done. M and N were easily collected on the way home, but a road closure soon to be lifted means that O has to wait until next time.

LMNd.JPG

LMNe.JPG

Top Bottom