Acknowledging fellow cyclists?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Whaaaat I didn't know this. This is so cool!! (Spoke about Garmin vs Wahoo on another thread)
It's very cool, I used to always spot loads of wahoo folks but the novelty wore off. I might flick to the page on big flat busy loops and re-ignite the fun.

kj92

It's very cool, I used to always spot loads of wahoo folks but the novelty wore off. I might flick to the page on big flat busy loops and re-ignite the fun.

Where are you based, London I imagine? I can't imagine a great deal of people in Southend having a Wahoo - too left field 😔

Milzy

Guru
Where are you based, London I imagine? I can't imagine a great deal of people in Southend having a Wahoo - too left field 😔
Yorkshire. More and more people are buying them instead of Garmins. Wahoo have just got it nailed. They do the basics better than anybody else.

kj92

Yorkshire. More and more people are buying them instead of Garmins. Wahoo have just got it nailed. They do the basics better than anybody else.

Oh! I stand corrected. When all of this is done and I'm assured I can go back to a stable job I may finally treat myself to a Wahoo.

My parents live in Yorkshire so that could be my first tour when all of this is over!

Sharky

Guru
Taken from the Wahoo website

1. Over 50% less drag than leading competitor. In a 40km time trial traveling at a 21mph, the rider with a Wahoo ELEMNT BOLT will be 12.6 seconds faster than the rider using the leading GPS bike computer competitor.

Whoever dreamt this one up, is not a mathematician - If the two riders are traveling at 21mph, I would expect both riders to complete 40k in exactly the same time.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Taken from the Wahoo website

1. Over 50% less drag than leading competitor. In a 40km time trial traveling at a 21mph, the rider with a Wahoo ELEMNT BOLT will be 12.6 seconds faster than the rider using the leading GPS bike computer competitor.

Whoever dreamt this one up, is not a mathematician - If the two riders are traveling at 21mph, I would expect both riders to complete 40k in exactly the same time.
Cheap time travel indeed.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
The other day I was out on a longish ride, lockdown cyclists were out in full flow on a nice sunny day, everY feckin one of them thought they were now in some exclusive cycling brethren and wanted to wave acknowledgement. It’s feckin exhausting. I just wanted shout feck off back to ya feckin PlayStation. In the end I just looked in the other direction. I don’t want be distracted when I’m on my bike, leave me the feck alone.

Are you serious?

Mike_P

Guru
On a Wahoo device you can see the names of all other wahooligans. We sometimes forget this as it only appears on the navigation screen. So you say Hey up Phil, and they're trying to work out who you are. 😁
Flip, that explains a couple recently which have been puzzling me. I tend nod to passing cyclists, some respond, some do not. In the present situation it's possible the greeting cyclist is only contact they may get all day.

Rocky

Hello decadence
I hate cyclists. Why would I want to wave at them?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Blimey, who stole your last Rolo Skolly? :laugh:
I'll tell you who does always get a nod, wave, thumbs up or encouraging cheery comment from me, kids. Especially kids who are clearly giving it their all to climb the local hill or who are deeply focused on keeping up with mum/dad while not falling off and trying to pay attention to road conditions. They get special attention from me and I don't care if @ianrauk does say KERRCHING every time. :tongue:

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Is there some sort of acknowledgement for fellow cyclists?
For me there isn’t. Firstly I am a mellow miserable nobber, not old though. But mainly it’s because if I pass a cyclist close enough to see their face and hear them it’s because I’m on a cycle path thus I need to keep my eyes on the path and hands on the handlebars to avoid colliding with them. Yep call me unbalanced.

Top Bottom