Aldi rear camera

Discussion in 'Shopping, Services, Offers and Reviews' started by Chess, 25 Sep 2017.

1. mr_cellophane

mr_cellophane Guru

Just updated mine. Still recording on an 8Gb card 7 hours later. 11 files on the card double the 5 it used to do

2. glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist Charming but somewhat feckless

He's talking shite.

If it were inadmissible in court, it wouldn't be enough to get anyone charged in the first place yet I have had two drivers charged for driving without due consideration by close passing me.

Note also that Operation Close Pass is underway with Police Scotland's road policing unit and they're using the Cycliq Fly6.

palinurus, HLaB, classic33 and 3 others like this.
  3. Phaeton

Phaeton Veteran

3 available in Dinnington South Yorks @£29.99 last night anyone desperate for one I can go up & get them, postage at cost recorded delivery

Milkfloat and Illaveago like this.
  4. spen666

spen666 Guru

I would love to know the basis of the Police Officers view.

5. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

If this was the case(which it isnt) they wouldnt need to know that the footage came out of a light/camera would they ? Sounds iffy at best.

6. Trickedem

Trickedem Veteran

The basis is that they probably wanted to avoid doing any paperwork for a whinging cyclist:angry:

Trying to get Police to take any action in dangerous driving cases is a complete lottery.

glasgowcyclist likes this.
  7. InchPitch

InchPitch Regular

answered my own question -

After updating mine to 171026_V3 the previous 15 minute 'inactivity' switch off doesn't work any more and laying it on its side (fall off) doesn't activate the 15 minute switch off either. So maybe the motion detector has been disabled in the new fw.

The file size with the new fw seems slightly smaller - around 500Mb for 5 mins now, previously around 700Mb for 5 mins. The video bandwidth seems to have been slightly reduced and I suppose this gives a slightly longer recording time before looping starts.

Last edited: 10 Nov 2017
  8. Phaeton

Phaeton Veteran

Sorry it may have been covered in the 12 previous pages but can it be used without the light being on?

Illaveago likes this.
  9. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

Yes I'm pretty sure it can from memory

10. glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist Charming but somewhat feckless

If it's a straight copy of the Fly6 then there will always be a circle of LEDs flashing in a rotating circle around the lens, even when the main LEDs are not active.

sight-pin and Custom24 like this.
  11. InchPitch

InchPitch Regular

^ as above, there is always a circle of LEDs around the camera bit when recording.
    The line of flashing lights under the camera can be changed.
    Press the light button (the other side to the on-off) briefly to change - > No flashing light > low bright > med bright > max bright
    Pressing the on-off briefly will change the line of lights > on all the time > flash pattern 1 > flash pattern 2

12. Phaeton

Phaeton Veteran

Thank you, I'm going to the shop later to try to pick one up for somebody else & may buy one for myself

Milkfloat and Illaveago like this.
  13. BoldonLad

BoldonLad Über Member

Yes.

When operating Camera, without light, there is a not very noticeable LED "chasing" around the Camera Lens, this indicates that Camera is recording.

14. bozmandb9

bozmandb9 Insert witty title here

How is it disguised? Is an iphone photo also inadmissible, since it's a camera disguised as a phone? Is no video or photographic evidence admissible unless the camera is labelled and only designed for the single purpose of being a camera? Bit of a stupid view, and I suspect completely wrong.

15. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

About eighty proof?

Illaveago likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice