Aldi Work Stands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanTh

I see that Aldi are doing their cycling thing from tomorrow (Sunday)

I will be getting one of the work stands I think. They are £25 this time. I'm just wondering if they will be inferior quality to the ones that they usually sell. Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I see that Aldi are doing their cycling thing from tomorrow (Sunday)

I will be getting one of the work stands I think. They are £25 this time. I'm just wondering if they will be inferior quality to the ones that they usually sell. Does anyone have any thoughts about this?
It looks very much the same as the LiDL ones earlier this year. I noticed yesterday that the one I bought a couple of years ago was branded Powerfix, and I can't remember whether it's Aldi, LiDL or both that stock these. The only difference I can see is that the top clamp design has been modified. I reckon you'll get your money's worth.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Decent stands at any price, excellent for £25.

To nit pick, the arms of the splayed feet on mine don't sit adjacent to the ground, so do present a minor trip hazard.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
The one I have is ok. The clamp is screw tightening, the lidl one was on a squeeze mechanism which I thought was a bit better.
Not seen the latest Aldi model,maybe it has it on there now?

Levo-Lon

Guru
Good stands
I scuffed the tubes where they go into the clamps so they grip better.
I also drilled a hole all the way through the top tube and clamp that has the bike clamp so its locked with a through pin. Stops it twisting when you take a wheel out etc

KneesUp

Guru
I bought one today, ..
I'll report later once I have it built up.

Would you like to borrow my work stand stand? :smile:

RedRider

Pulling through
Bloody heavy to carry home on a bike. Managed by fashioning a rucksack from an arl boilersuit that was hanging around. Risky business.

Had it a couple of years and it does the job well but can't remember whether it was from Aldi or Lidl.

OP
OP
AlanTh

AlanTh

I certainly did get one and am more than pleased with it. When you see the price of the Park Tools ones, I wasn't expecting much. It's really sturdy and just tremendous value.

If anyone is dithering about buying one, (as I had been for months and months), go for it - I'm sure that you won't be disappointed.

The bolt on tool holder is handy also.

Last edited:
Top Bottom