All things (face) shaving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Gillette Mach 3 for me and ASDA shave foam.
Tried Mrs B's disposable razors a couple of times and it was horrible.
But as another who can go a week and just look a bit bristley if you get close up , if I have to shave more than twice in one week, perhaps for a meeting, I consider it a real chore.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I use chisels of various grades, and finish with sand paper to fine tune the results.

winjim

Smash the cistern
There are entire forums, not unlike this one, dedicated to this very subject. Given that these days I have very little time for cycling, I might take it up as a new hobby.

tyred

Legendary Member
DE safety razor for me (or single blade Bic Sensitive if travelling as I don't worry about losing it). For me it works far better than any of the over-priced multiblade cheesegrater things and is considerably cheaper.

I also use a brush and proper soap, much nicer than aerosol tins of gunge and lasts for ages so cheaper and less wasteful too.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I shave everyday, mostly with a DE razor but twice a week with a straight razor.
I'd recommend the OP to stick to a DE and master the technique, check out PaulHfilms on YouTube , also get a soap and a brush, that's all you need.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
A Remmington somethingorother for the head every couple days and a Philips OneBlade for the face which is amazingly crap. When the stubble finally gets on my nerves I break out the Gillette Fusion with a bit of shower gel and that clears my face till about mid afternoon. Sometimes I'll just let it grow for a week coz I can't be arsed.
Contemplating a safety razor.

I'm hardcore!
20180719_004059.jpg

I'm genetically programmed to need a shave every two days or so, and use a bog standard safety razor. It gives a good shave with a little practice and keeps waste down to a minimum. In Germany I can recycle the blades too, wheras on my old Mach 3 I had to throw them in the landfill. Shaves better than a Mach 3 too. I bought several hundred blades in bulk a couple of years ago and I'm still far from the bottom of the box.

I also use solid soap and a brush because I'm a tree hugging hippy and don't like aerosols.

Locally most traditional shaving products seem to be sold to the Turkish community so all the packaging is in Turkish which gibves a nice exotic feel without leaving the bathroom...

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Sensor excel. Five minutes later, I look like King Kong:sad:. Plus, why do we have to buy razors in big plastic security boxes?. Woman on the Tesco checkout once told me that it's the law as they can be classed as weapons like knives????. Yeah, right. Like I'm going to shave someone to death. Careful, I'm pretty nasty with an aloe vera lubricating strip....:laugh:

lazyfatgit

3 blade razor, palmolive soap atick and a brush 3 times a week. Philips 3 head electric lives in the car for days when im lazy or something important comes up in off day.
3 blades seems about best value for lifespan/closeness.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Sensor excel. Five minutes later, I look like King Kong:sad:. Plus, why do we have to buy razors in big plastic security boxes?. Woman on the Tesco checkout once told me that it's the law as they can be classed as weapons like knives????. Yeah, right. Like I'm going to shave someone to death. Careful, I'm pretty nasty with an aloe vera lubricating strip....:laugh:

I think it might also be to do with their nickability and easy resale at car boots etc. Making the package so over size limits the quantity which can "walk". I seem to recall reading something along those lines a couple of years or so ago.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Twice a day for me if I want to look clean in the evening, otherwise once a day. I used to use safety razors because blades are cheap, but they are very good at slicing the tops off moles and spots so I'd often look like I'd shaved with a lawnmower.

Now I use a Philips electric. not such a close shave but more convenient, cheaper, and does the job. I do have to mangle it around the base of my neck to get all the whiskers that grow at different angles, but I'm sort of used to it now. I think the face takes time to adapt to different forms of shaving. I found alternating between wet shave and electric was worse than just using one form and getting used to it.

Top Bottom