Amanda Coker,New womans record challenger.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dbug2009

I paced with her for a few laps around flatwoods today. She is still at it.

BSRU

A Human Being
Seems she has already passed 30,000 miles for the year.
Tthe first few months of miles do not count towards the record as officially only miles accrued after the start on the 15th of May count.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Completely bonkers, spending 12 hours a day everyday for a whole year doing one thing:wacko:, except maybe sleeping:tongue:.

It's not so much the cycling/sleeping/cycling, rather then the same loops over and over again she's doing. (Unless I am mistaken and she's not doing loops)

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Improves her chances of staying injury free as well.

She could ride the year without falling off, and even if she does there's no following motor traffic to run her over.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Amanda has upped the ante in the past couple of weeks riding a string of 240 mile+ days.

She moves ever closer to a daily average of 230 miles at 20mph.

I wonder if that's her target.

Looking at her facebook, it seems riding in that park is not without its hazards.

She dodged an alligator the other day, and mentioned seeing two 'well-nourished' snakes.

I suppose seeing two hungry ones would be even more alarming.

https://www.facebook.com/goamandacoker/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...8ErqyFqBvnHk/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=2022488017

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Amanda posted on facebook to say she expects to better Billie's record before 9am local time today.

So assuming no calamities, she's now done it.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I dont care how she did it. It is an amazing feat of cycling. Huge, Huge respect to Amanda for this record.

I hope she has the willpower to keep going for the rest of the year. The final number will be staggering by any standard.

Top Bottom