An object lesson in keeping your mouth shut...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran
here comes the gender war....just cause you call a woman a bitch dosent make it any different from calling a man a dick, i physically can not stand people who use their, sex/religion/race as a reason the make something sound worse than it is. it's a word. if he went and beat her to a pulp yeah show some concern....

RedRider

Pulling through
here comes the gender war....just cause you call a woman a bitch dosent make it any different from calling a man a dick, i physically can not stand people who use their, sex/religion/race as a reason the make something sound worse than it is. it's a word. if he went and beat her to a pulp yeah show some concern....
bollocks

Sara_H

Guru
Speaking as a woman I can only tell you how it feels. Being on the end of gender specific insults feels more threatenening. I think thats because there's an underlying misogyny that goes with being called a bitch, whore, slut, slag etc.
If the fella the other week had called me an idiot, for example, it would not have felt half so bad.

Personally, I feel it's very unpleasant that anyone would choose to speak to a woman using these terms. What I've said maybe babble, but thats how it feels from my perspective.
TBF, I've never heard a man being called or heard of a man being called a bitch, whore, slag, slut etc except in the arena of homophobic abuse, which is obviously also similarly unpleasant.

OP
OP
Davidsw8

Davidsw8

Speaking as a woman I can only tell you how it feels. Being on the end of gender specific insults feels more threatenening. I think thats because there's an underlying misogyny that goes with being called a bitch, whore, slut, slag etc.
If the fella the other week had called me an idiot, for example, it would not have felt half so bad.

Personally, I feel it's very unpleasant that anyone would choose to speak to a woman using these terms. What I've said maybe babble, but thats how it feels from my perspective.
TBF, I've never heard a man being called or heard of a man being called a bitch, whore, slag, slut etc except in the arena of homophobic abuse, which is obviously also similarly unpleasant.

Being a gay man, I've heard everything you can think of and worse. I wouldn't label a person a homophobe based on the utterance of one so-called homophobic slur, I'd label them based on their attitudes and actions.

jack smith

Veteran
i think you all need to stop taking stuff so personally, someone calls you a name? so what? we arent in primary school.
ive personally been abroad and called stupid things like milk bottle ( by black men) brit scumbag, posh effing tea drinker( cause im from england) but what difference does it make being called those words, to say being called a generic swear word...none, why? cause im not going to come on here an moan about it. gender has nothing to do with it, if you truly believe in equality ;) which is why i dont get feminists that go off it for similar things...if they truly want to be equal, accept the same abuse men get being told all we care about is a sh*gg.

^^ actions being she couldnt care less about the safety of others around her, personally i couldnt care less if she was hurt or not it his her own ignorant fault, she knows the law and hose not to follow it, its the person that could of hit her and been killed them self or mentally scarred for life for killing her that i worry about.

RedRider

Pulling through
What about 'thick'? Anyone called you that?

jack smith

Veteran
lol, considering things i have achieved academically...no. not to mention actually studying equality and diversity ;) however the forces is where my heart has always been and that's not something for thicko's either no matter what you think.

jack smith

Veteran
I was asking Jack. David, you seem a reasonable bloke, why defend your language. Also, an RLJ by a cyclist is not that dangerous for anyone.
motorcyclist hits or swerves to avoids, comes off and dies, car driver swerves to avoids, hit an oncoming car or lamppost ect, multiple fatalities, mental scarring of killing the cyclist... PTSD for example.

Top Bottom