An open letter to all condescending male chauvinist cyclists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
I think you should re read the opening post and see who it's directed at

Talk about painting the whole world with a messy brush?
Not really, after reading it I could see I wasn't one of the male cyclists it was aimed at, I did feel sympathy for the OP though.

Inertia

[QUOTE 4767726, member: 9609"]well I entirely believe them and sympathise with them, but it is far from a problem that is experienced exclusively by women from men I would guess it exists at sim.ilar levels from both sexes on both sexes. I think the big difference is it is probably less intimidating when it is happening to a bloke as he can tell them to feck off any time he chooses. (in fact I have never found it intimidating just bloody annoying) In the real world I am a very quiet person who takes his time over what ever I am working on - and nothing pishes me off more than smart alec no-it-alls who try to barge in and show me how they would do it.[/QUOTE]
I think literally noone has said that

That is where the disagreement lies, the OP and other posters experiences suggest otherwise.

For myself, I have never experienced it

Inertia

[QUOTE 4767726, member: 9609"] I think the big difference is it is probably less intimidating when it is happening to a bloke as he can tell them to feck off any time he chooses. (in fact I have never found it intimidating just bloody annoying) In the real world I am a very quiet person who takes his time over what ever I am working on - and nothing pishes me off more than smart alec no-it-alls who try to barge in and show me how they would do it.[/QUOTE]
Sorry to reply again but just wanted to pick up on this point, I think its wrong to assume that just because the victim may be a bloke he can just 'man up' and tell the instigator where to stick it.

I do think its more likely that someone who would do this; wouldnt do it to a man for fear of being told where to go. (or other reaction)

Can we perhaps not use "vagina/vulva" as an insult in this one thread?

( I suspect @Markymark was doing this deliberately, but still)
Apologies but I do equally use cock as an insult too.

[Mod Edit]
Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 15.51.59.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Sorry to reply again but just wanted to pick up on this point, I think its wrong to assume that just because the victim may be a bloke he can just 'man up' and tell the instigator where to stick it.

I do think its more likely that someone who would do this; wouldnt do it to a man for fear of being told where to go. (or other reaction)

I've been told at least twice by different men that my cadence was too low. This observation wasn't asked for but I took it in a constructive manner. Were they being condescending?
I think a lot of these exchanges can be taken either way, perhaps the OP is being a tad defensive and these bods are just trying to help - rightly or wrongly.

The Essex Spurs

Good God saw a lady the other day who had a Chelmer cycling top on and had the best figure ever!! As a male cyclist there is nothing wrong with admiring the finer figure and also the fact that I cycle with my kids along chosen routes that don't require helmets!It's Johnny and Johanne texter we need to eridicate in cars that is a major problem..Remember we don't pay road tax to share the road with people who enjoy ant and dec on a Saturday night.

Last edited:
Good God saw a lady the other day who had a Chelmer cycling top on and had the best figure ever!! As a male cyclist e nothing wrong with admiring the finer figure and also the fact that I cycle with my kids along chosen routes that don't require helmets!!TJoane Texteron the road.Remember we don't pay road tax to share the road with people who enjoy ant and dec on a Saturday night
You are Molly Bloom, AICMFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom