Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Hi all,
I've done running as my main physical activity most of my life. Now trying to combine with cycling and finding the bike actually tougher than running!!
Other runners felt the same?

Not here! I’ve been running since 1981and used to do the longer stuff. The onset of chronic anaemia put shot to any long runs so I got myself a Brommie. Mrs T was a “ proper “ cyclist, LeJog and stuff like that. On the bike I pedal intermittently and let my legs recover a bit, with running you need to keep on keeping on so there’s no respite.

Venod

Eh up
Hi all,
I've done running as my main physical activity most of my life. Now trying to combine with cycling and finding the bike actually tougher than running!!

I have done a lot of running, and find cycling easier, but I never stopped cycling a little during my heavy running years.

Hi all,

Conversely I was a cyclist first and look up running much later. I find the former easier. For example you still need to run on a downhill but don’t always have to on a bike.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Park run this morning hard work still off the pace I want to be. Wore trail shoes and Ron hills so that's 30s off!! Also mind wasn't on the right place so that's another 30s!!

A mate of mine got some of those really expensive running shoes with the carbon plate inserts. He’s not the lightest of runners 🤔

Spartak