Any survivors on here, cardiac arrest, heart attack, cancer....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Well done. The gym just bores me to tears, but compared to watching TV, I would take it, especially in the absence of anything else.

Is there a group, or one to one?

At the moment it's one to one but as I learn my way round I will become a part of a group doing a similar routine, all the rehab routines are tailored to suit the individual.

Alan O

Über Member
First cardio rehab session this afternoon, laps of the gym to warm up, six minutes on the bike, rower and treadmill, working light and steady, then more laps of the gym to warm down. I'm not a gym bunny but I enjoyed that, it was nice to do some work and stretch myself a little. Downside was putting on a pair of cycle tights and a short sleeved top for the session, first time in cycle gear for three weeks, and I appear to have gained a belly from somewhere, hopefully it will vanish as I get more active. The good news is I've been OK'd to start using the turbo trainer again, short steady sessions but its a start.
That sounds great Dave. I enjoyed my cardiac rehab far more than I thought I would, and it got me into a long-term habit of enjoying exercise just for its own sake rather than as a side effect of, say, cycling or whatever.

D

Deleted member 1258

More positive news from me. Results of my first post-op PSA test. I scored a big fat zero. That's like a pointless answer on, err, Pointless. Only better, much better.

Well done

D

Deleted member 1258

Cardio rehab session today, should have been tomorrow but I won't be able to fit it in. At the end of the session I was told that from next week they will be increasing the intensity of the workout. I was also told I can start cycling again, I've got to start off short and slow but I can start peddling again. :hyper:

Alan O

Über Member
Cardio rehab session today, should have been tomorrow but I won't be able to fit it in. At the end of the session I was told that from next week they will be increasing the intensity of the workout. I was also told I can start cycling again, I've got to start off short and slow but I can start peddling again. :hyper:
^_^:okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
Not been given the all clear, just the need for no surgery. Third time with cancer.

The epilepsy is lifelong, if anyone wants to say that living with it for the last fifty odd years is a lie, let them. I'll ask them to back that claim up. I lost the nuts to cancer in '99, and this last month hasn't been the best for me by far.

Neither's a joke, don't treat either as such.

Slick

Guru
Had a biopsy on the 23rd and find out on Tuesday if my right boob is trying to kill me. Daytime me has things in perspective. 4am me however . . .
Mmm, not surprised. Good luck doesn't cover it, but I hope it goes well.

Slick

Guru
Not been given the all clear, just the need for no surgery. Third time with cancer.

The epilepsy is lifelong, if anyone wants to say that living with it for the last fifty odd years is a lie, let them. I'll ask them to back that claim up. I lost the nuts to cancer in '99, and this last month hasn't been the best for me by far.

Neither's a joke, don't treat either as such.

Having been through that this last month, the best o'luck hardly covers it. Hope it all goes well though.

You've got your own thing going on, although I cant imagine anyone making a joke from it. Hopefully you will get the news you are looking for as well @classic33

Yorksman

It might be worth checking if you could get an annual pass to your sports centre/pool. The single adult pass here in Calderdale would cost me £236.50 per year with my over-60 'passport to leisure'. I thought about getting one but I calculated that I would have to average 3+ visits a week over the year and didn't think I would, given my preference for cycling.

Mrs Yorks and I signed up with Kirklees Active Leisure for £217 p.a. each. We've a choice of about 8 venues but since the new place in Hudds has 3 pools, one for kids splashing, one for lane swimming and one for easy peasy stuff, I don't think we'll bother with other venues. It's a nice setup. But, as you sort of point out, we intend to go 3 times per week.

As it includes all sorts of other things, I guess I have to have a go at their cycles in the gym, if only to compare.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Mrs Yorks and I signed up with Kirklees Active Leisure for £217 p.a. each. We've a choice of about 8 venues but since the new place in Hudds has 3 pools, one for kids splashing, one for lane swimming and one for easy peasy stuff, I don't think we'll bother with other venues. It's a nice setup. But, as you sort of point out, we intend to go 3 times per week.

As it includes all sorts of other things, I guess I have to have a go at their cycles in the gym, if only to compare.
That's a great deal as long as you make good use of it.

I used to go swimming 3 times a week when I worked in the Midlands but I haven't been for years. There isn't a pool in Hebden Bridge, where I used to live, but there is one in the nearby sports centre here in Todmorden. I really ought to get my swimming kit out and pay it a visit.

Top Bottom