1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any survivors on here, cardiac arrest, heart attack, cancer....

Discussion in 'Training, Fitness and Health' started by Colin_P, 8 Sep 2014.

Tags:
  1. Julia9054

Julia9054 Über Member

Had a biopsy on the 23rd and find out on Tuesday if my right boob is trying to kill me. Daytime me has things in perspective. 4am me however . . .

mjr likes this.
  2. Slick

Slick Senior Member

Mmm, not surprised. Good luck doesn't cover it, but I hope it goes well.

Julia9054 likes this.
  3. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Having been through that this last month, the best o'luck hardly covers it. Hope it all goes well though.

mjr and Julia9054 like this.
  4. Slick

Slick Senior Member

You've got your own thing going on, although I cant imagine anyone making a joke from it. Hopefully you will get the news you are looking for as well @classic33

classic33 likes this.
  5. Yorksman

Yorksman Senior Member

Mrs Yorks and I signed up with Kirklees Active Leisure for £217 p.a. each. We've a choice of about 8 venues but since the new place in Hudds has 3 pools, one for kids splashing, one for lane swimming and one for easy peasy stuff, I don't think we'll bother with other venues. It's a nice setup. But, as you sort of point out, we intend to go 3 times per week.

As it includes all sorts of other things, I guess I have to have a go at their cycles in the gym, if only to compare.

ColinJ likes this.
  6. ColinJ

ColinJ Climbs Hills Slowly!

That's a great deal as long as you make good use of it.

I used to go swimming 3 times a week when I worked in the Midlands but I haven't been for years. There isn't a pool in Hebden Bridge, where I used to live, but there is one in the nearby sports centre here in Todmorden. I really ought to get my swimming kit out and pay it a visit.

Yorksman and dave r like this.
  7. Julia9054

Julia9054 Über Member

Breast care nurse rang me up this afternoon and gave me the all clear over the phone.
    Relieved is an understatement!

slowmotion, TinyMyNewt, mjr and 10 others like this.
  8. Slick

Slick Senior Member

Congratulations. A bit unsure if thats the right term, but seems like a good enough reason for a celebration. Enjoy

Julia9054 and classic33 like this.
  9. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Nice to hear.

Julia9054 likes this.
  10. numbnuts

numbnuts Guru

WoW great news

Julia9054 likes this.
  11. The Jogger

The Jogger Guru

What brilliant news for the new year.

Julia9054 likes this.
  12. dave r

dave r The Little Diesel

Awesome news.

Julia9054 likes this.
  13. david k

david k Hi

I had AF for years, every time they checked me it was beating fine! Arhhhhh

Eventually after a cycle I went to A and E knowing it was out, once they realised I was out everything happened very quickly, had an ablation last June and it's the bst thing I ever did, the differ nice is unbelievable. If only I had gone A and E sooner, I knew it was out but if it's intermittent it can be hard to catch

Slick, Alan O and dave r like this.
  14. Slick

Slick Senior Member

If you don't mind me asking, how did you know that it was Out?

15. david k

david k Hi

I'd had it years before with an over active thyroid so knew the feeling. It seemed to go better when they sorted the thyroid. I don't think it fixed it completely. When mine went out very often it was obvious, palpitations, high heart rate and I couldn't walk a few steps without being dizzy and having to sit down. When it was only out a little I felt a flutter and couldn't do anything fast.

When I went A and E, it had calmed down, I thought I had missed the chance again, they checked and it was out, leading me to believe it was out more than I thought

Slick likes this.