Any survivors on here, cardiac arrest, heart attack, cancer....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Breast care nurse rang me up this afternoon and gave me the all clear over the phone.
Relieved is an understatement!
WoW great news

david k

Hi
Not yet. I'm off in tomorrow so they can wire me up to their infernal devices and see what's up. I bet my heart really behaves itself and is as good as gold until I walk out of the hospital. I'm still chasing up echogram results from November. They all seem to take their time writing their reports.
I had AF for years, every time they checked me it was beating fine! Arhhhhh

Eventually after a cycle I went to A and E knowing it was out, once they realised I was out everything happened very quickly, had an ablation last June and it's the bst thing I ever did, the differ nice is unbelievable. If only I had gone A and E sooner, I knew it was out but if it's intermittent it can be hard to catch

Slick

Guru
I had AF for years, every time they checked me it was beating fine! Arhhhhh

Eventually after a cycle I went to A and E knowing it was out, once they realised I was out everything happened very quickly, had an ablation last June and it's the bst thing I ever did, the differ nice is unbelievable. If only I had gone A and E sooner, I knew it was out but if it's intermittent it can be hard to catch
If you don't mind me asking, how did you know that it was Out?

david k

Hi
If you don't mind me asking, how did you know that it was Out?
I'd had it years before with an over active thyroid so knew the feeling. It seemed to go better when they sorted the thyroid. I don't think it fixed it completely. When mine went out very often it was obvious, palpitations, high heart rate and I couldn't walk a few steps without being dizzy and having to sit down. When it was only out a little I felt a flutter and couldn't do anything fast.

When I went A and E, it had calmed down, I thought I had missed the chance again, they checked and it was out, leading me to believe it was out more than I thought

Slick

Guru
Went for a stress test this afternoon I thought I was doing all right on the treadmill, but after all that I now have to go for an angiogram or a CT scan, there must be a blockage some where and been told no more cycling and keep taking the tablets. :sad:
Have you already been fitted with stents? My brother had his first check up today since he was fitted with 5 stents, still waiting to hear how that went.

Slick

Guru
No stents as yet, but maybe after the next set of tests
Hopefully not. I think if it was likely, you would have already been taken in. It's probably very different in other parts of the UK, but that's what happened to my brother immediately after his stress test.

Yorksman

I have heart failure so if there is to be any improvement, the AF has to go back into sinus rhythm. Fortunately, the cardioversion I had last April seems to be steady so far and I have improved from severe impairment to moderate impairment so, as you say, it makes so much difference. I'm swimming 3 times per week now and cycling on the turbo 4 times and I do 10 mins each morning gently on a rower. Daren't row too hard for fear of pulling the wires out.

I feel quite at home with these exercises where I can sit down or float on water :-)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

Just had my assessment for a angiogram all went well so it's a go for the 6th March and hopefully I'll be back on the bike/trike very soon and just in time for the good weather. :smile:

Best wishes for a quick recovery.

Top Bottom