Any survivors on here, cardiac arrest, heart attack, cancer....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Colin_P

Colin_P

Guru
Retigabine?

Amiodarone

I can only imagine. I hope you regain your strength and confidence back quickly.

I went out and did a four mile bike ride this evening.

It hurt a bit as my granite balls chaffed on the saddle a tad. :sweat:

More seriously, I really did go out for a very, very slow four miler and it felt brilliant. Five days after dropping dead, twice did take some balls though. I thought about it for hours and hours, should I, shouldn't I and just before dark I thought sod it and went out. Glad I did.

I'll probably get a bollocking from the cardiologist on Tuesday morning for doing it but they didn't say I couldn't go gallivanting along farm tracks on a bicycle.

Of course tomorrow and on the Bank Holiday Monday i'll to go out again just to make sure.

OP
OP
Colin_P

Colin_P

Guru
This correct?

Reply crossed in the post so to speak.

No, Amiodarone.

Common side effects are that it;

1, Damages your lungs
2, Damages your liver
3, Damages your thyroid
4, Damages your eyesight
5, Makes youe skin hyper sensitive to sunlight and really can turn you blue, like a Smurf.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Holy crap :eek:

Not had anything like that myself, but my dad had a heart attack at about 55, and was told he might have another five good years or so.
He died 15 years later, of something else entirely.
All the best, and GWS.

classic33

Leg End Member
Amiodarone

I went out and did a four mile bike ride this evening.

It hurt a bit as my granite balls chaffed on the saddle a tad. :sweat:

More seriously, I really did go out for a very, very slow four miler and it felt brilliant. Five days after dropping dead, twice did take some balls though. I thought about it for hours and hours, should I, shouldn't I and just before dark I thought sod it and went out. Glad I did.

I'll probably get a bollocking from the cardiologist on Tuesday morning for doing it but they didn't say I couldn't go gallivanting along farm tracks on a bicycle.

Of course tomorrow and on the Bank Holiday Monday i'll to go out again just to make sure.
Similar problem with Retigabine

"According to the warning, this drug can cause the skin to turn blue and may cause eye problems that can result in vision loss. It is not yet clear whether these effects are reversible.

The skin discolouration is usually seen after four years of treatment, but in some cases appeared sooner. It is most commonly reported as a blue colour appearing around lips and in the nail beds of fingers or toes. Some people have also reported the discolouration on the face and legs.

Several side-effects on the eyes have also been noted by people with epilepsy taking Trobalt. Some discolouration in the whites of the eyes has been seen. More serious are reports of ‘retinal abnormalities’."

Can turn the whites of your eyes blue!

The blue skin is what made me think of it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Colin_P

Colin_P

Guru
Currently on what they call a loading dose of the Amio, which is 600mg a day, then in week two it drops to 400mg a day then the week after and there after it will be 200mg. But for the first month or so they keep a very close eye on you and may tweak the dosage some more.

The funny thing is that after being on a drug called Flecainide for almost three years which is also a rather nasty toxic one which I stopped on admission to hospital on Tuesday I feel so much better. The Flecainide, I think really had a profound effect on me, mood, anxiety, wellbeing. I think the Flec was doing more harm than good and in the end it didn't even do its job as I dropped dead, again.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Reply crossed in the post so to speak.

No, Amiodarone.

Common side effects are that it;

1, Damages your lungs
2, Damages your liver
3, Damages your thyroid
4, Damages your eyesight
5, Makes youe skin hyper sensitive to sunlight and really can turn you blue, like a Smurf.
I found a website that listed all prescription drugs, the conditions that they were prescribed for, the chemical action that they used, and loads of other stuff.

They also listed the possible side effects. Sudden death was always one of them. You have to take a lot of the information with a pinch of salt.........:eek:........OK, perhaps not salt........

Edit: Here it is...a laugh a minute for those of us with a gallows sense of humour...
https://www.drugs.com/sfx/

Last edited:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Erm...I'm no expert, but I'd have thought sudden death was a bit serious, as side effects go.
It's right up there with the antidepressants that cause paranoia and suicidal thoughts.

OP
OP
Colin_P

Colin_P

Guru
It really is quite simple when taking prescription drugs and that is to ignore the warnings and instead of "always read the label" throw the label in the bin (the re-cyclce bin obviously).

I'm actually toying with the idea of doing my best to turn blue. That way I could get a side income opening shopping and leisure centres dressed up like Papa Smurf.

classic33

Leg End Member
I found a website that listed all prescription drugs, the conditions that they were prescribed for, the chemical action that they used, and loads of other stuff.

They also listed the possible side effects. Sudden death was always one of them. You have to take a lot of the information with a pinch of salt.........:eek:........OK, perhaps not salt........

Edit: Here it is...a laugh a minute for those of us with a gallows sense of humour...
https://www.drugs.com/sfx/
I'm assuming from the username, he's not to be bothered about being pregnant.

Top Bottom