Any survivors on here, cardiac arrest, heart attack, cancer....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Colin_P

Colin_P

Guru
Any thought given to turning round & headed for home yet?

I'm not doing a run Forest run thing, I'd like to though. I have to go home to take the pills.

david k

Hi
Interesting. For me it doesn't seem to affect my maximum heart rate. On bike rides I generally tend to get into a steady top rate in the region of 140-155, with occasional peaks into the low 160s, and that's about the same whether I'm taking the bisoprolol or not. My rest HR is around 65, rest BP around the standard 120/80.

Alan
My resting heart rate was more the issue, would often be around 50, I worry it was lower when asleep, it could take an hour to get my body working in the morning, would hate to go back on it

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
They also listed the possible side effects. Sudden death was always one of them. You have to take a lot of the information with a pinch of salt.........:eek:........OK, perhaps not salt........

Edit: Here it is...a laugh a minute for those of us with a gallows sense of humour...
https://www.drugs.com/sfx/
Bah. It seems that my new drugs won't kill me, as "sudden death" isn't listed for any of them! Where do I complain and ask for the good shoot?

classic33

Leg End Member
Urgent referral made following suspected CSF leaks. Now a case of sit and twiddle my thumbs again.

I've done what I tell others not to do, refer to "dr google". As much to find out what not to do as what it was or maybe. And all the side effects, of which the biggest worry is that one thing shows on nearly every hit. Something I can't be treated for.

Six months ago cancer, now this. Maybe my luck hasn't just run out, it left in one bloody rush.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Urgent referral made following suspected CSF leaks. Now a case of sit and twiddle my thumbs again.

I've done what I tell others not to do, refer to "dr google". As much to find out what not to do as what it was or maybe. And all the side effects, of which the biggest worry is that one thing shows on nearly every hit. Something I can't be treated for.

Six months ago cancer, now this. Maybe my luck hasn't just run out, it left in one bloody rush.

Fingers crossed. When are the tests/scans ?

OP
OP
Colin_P

Colin_P

Guru
Referral made Monday, just waiting for a date and place to be sent out with those details.

What has been seen/collected has all come out/run out via the nose.

And thanks

Why, in your paticular case can't they patch / repair things?

classic33

Leg End Member
Why, in your paticular case can't they patch / repair things?
Until they find the actual leak, they can't do much. Try and find where the leak actually is, then repair it. Liken it to a puncture in an innertube, that you're trying to find in poor light.

OP
OP
Colin_P

Colin_P

Guru
Until they find the actual leak, they can't do much. Try and find where the leak actually is, then repair it. Liken it to a puncture in an innertube, that you're trying to find in poor light.

I'm aware of that but once found surely it can be patched.

You ever see that film driller killer ? :whistle:

classic33

Leg End Member
Not the film no, any good?

I'm hoping it can be patched/fixed. But I've not got a good track record when it comes to surgery. Don't want to upset anyone if possible.

OP
OP
Colin_P

Colin_P

Guru
Not the film no, any good?

I'm hoping it can be patched/fixed. But I've not got a good track record when it comes to surgery. Don't want to upset anyone if possible.

I'm sure you will be fine and get patched up without issue. Like me though, you are not a good patient. The current trend in anthesthesia is to use a drug called propafol aka 'milk of amnesia' it provides conscious sedation. It makes me go a bit mad and last time I was having heart surgery I thought it a good idea to try and get up and leave the operating theater. This was while there was a cathater in my groin threaded up into my heart. I did warn them I had a reaction to it!

You will be fine and I look forward to all the gory details !

As for the film, dunno, I've not seen it either. I do remember browsing the VHS tapes at the video shop way back and thinking it looked a bit shoot (from the cover on the video box).

The-Driller-Killer.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
They know about my previous reactions to anaesthetics.

Find the source, and the cause first though.

The cow only headbutted, no charge for it.

DRM

Guru
I have only done about 6 or 7 miles on road with a café stop, and did 13 steady miles on the MTB, in about 1.75 hours, prior to the heart attack I would do about 32 miles in just over 2 hours on the road bike, so I am basically starting from scratch, plus I am doing more walking than I used to as well the rehab, they did say not to rush into it but I absolutely hate sitting and vegetating in the house.
Well I thought I would post a quick update as it's not quite 9 months since my heart attack, I went back to work in january, on gradual build up over 4 weeks to full time on light duties, I have joined the gym, even do a spin class! as for cycling I built up the distance & average speed steadily & on sunday I did 41 miles in a little over 3 hours, with about 930 meters of climbing, I think it works out at about 13.4 mph average speed, if anyone is familiar with Haigh Lane/Intake Lane on the Wakefield/Barnsley border, well like an idiot I decided to ride up it, funnily enough it doesn't seem that steep in the van, plus I was slowed at the chicane by two cars giving way to two more coming down the hill :cursing: so had to try & get some momentum back, however the sun was out & it was a cracking ride, the only real annoyance was a hard to locate rattle every time I went over a bump, I kept stopping & checking the bike, but everything was secure, I was nearly home when I realised it was my keys in my jersey pocket :blush:
However to all contributors on this thread, I wish you all the best in your recovery,if you can, get out & ride, & more importantly enjoy it, I think this heart attack thing for me,was the kick up the backside I needed to do something about my health.

Top Bottom