Any survivors on here, cardiac arrest, heart attack, cancer....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well I thought I would post a quick update as it's not quite 9 months since my heart attack, I went back to work in january, on gradual build up over 4 weeks to full time on light duties, I have joined the gym, even do a spin class! as for cycling I built up the distance & average speed steadily & on sunday I did 41 miles in a little over 3 hours, with about 930 meters of climbing, I think it works out at about 13.4 mph average speed, if anyone is familiar with Haigh Lane/Intake Lane on the Wakefield/Barnsley border, well like an idiot I decided to ride up it, funnily enough it doesn't seem that steep in the van, plus I was slowed at the chicane by two cars giving way to two more coming down the hill :cursing: so had to try & get some momentum back, however the sun was out & it was a cracking ride, the only real annoyance was a hard to locate rattle every time I went over a bump, I kept stopping & checking the bike, but everything was secure, I was nearly home when I realised it was my keys in my jersey pocket :blush:
However to all contributors on this thread, I wish you all the best in your recovery,if you can, get out & ride, & more importantly enjoy it, I think this heart attack thing for me,was the kick up the backside I needed to do something about my health.
The kick up your backside must make it awkward riding.

Nice to hear the success stories on here.

DRM

Guru
The kick up your backside must make it awkward riding.

Nice to hear the success stories on here.
It was at first, it's amazing how your behind becomes less saddle resiliant, so soon!

classic33

Leg End Member
@classic33

Any news on your test(s) and or referal ?
Nowt so far.

Edited to add that because the wrong sample container was used(They supplied it!) and the confusion over what was in the container, they never sent the sample off to be tested!!

Latest advice is to use the one supplied, but keep the lid off until there's something in the container which is no longer sterile.

Last edited:

DRM

Guru
At least it wasn't your heart!
True, but I did feel a bit daft :blush:

classic33

Leg End Member
@classic33

Any news on your test(s) and or referal ?
First sample I've managed to collect in a container, handed in to the dr's as requested by them.

Not very hopeful following the doctor saying there wasn't much in it, could I do a bit more next time. I'm hoping there won't be a next time.

He thought it was a urine sample. It'd have to be an odd one, given it came out the nose.

classic33

Leg End Member
That is a long time.

It seems that brain snot leaking out of ones head is of no importance to your docs. :sad:
I think they are taking the p*ss!

Actually, it is the doctor who thinks they are taking the p*ss, only it is possibly actually brain fluid ... :whistle:
One at the surgery thought it was that @ColinJ, commenting "there's not a lot in it(small sample amount), could I do a bit more next time?"

It's a good job they classed it as urgent. It's the date itself that gets me though.

Top Bottom