Anyone been brave enough to cycle in this cold snap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Not me but I saw at least half a dozen cyclists during a 30 minute walk. One was a pensioner on a Dawes shopper slowly making his way up a steep hill.

Our short haired ginger isn't keen on the cold but the three hairy yetties don't mind.

Poppy doesn't go out between October and April. Lexi loves going out, but of late, she's, like, put one paw on the path and then reverse straight back through the door. :laugh:

Back on the bike after the weekend, methinks.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I was suffering from monosodium glutamate withdrawal symptoms so I ventured out to my local Chinese supermarket. I saw five other cyclists including two wearing 'normal' clothes and a Deliveroo rider. On the way back I kept up with a Porsche for about a quarter of a mile while we negotiated a series of speed bumps.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
58k in flurries of snow. Some ice in the lanes. You can see the sea in the background.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Is that a picture from your summer hols? Looks glorious.....
That's what a Devon winter often looks like, plus it's milder on the coast.
The old coast road ran along the edge of the trees on that promontory and just beyond the edge of the closest cliffs. There's a good view-point where the remains of the road meets the void.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Frozen rain here in west Wales. Going to work in the shop this morning I had to gingerly hang on to the drainpipe on the porch while reaching for the car door handle, the drive was a sheet of ice. We had to send the paperboys home as the pavements were treacherous and myself and the owner had to do the rounds ourselves at 12:30, the earliest we could chance it. One of the lads had phoned to say he couldn't come in as he couldn't even walk up his sloping driveway. It was still dodgy in the afternoon and we didn't finish till half three.

It would have been suicide to go out on two wheels. My glass fronted porch door is still covered in ice.

Jonjay

Über Member
Completely bottled it today. Was going to go out for a couple of hours. Walked to the shop for some bread first, having got all my gear ready, tyres pumped, Garmin readied first. Got a gust of biting wind and completely changed my mind. Maybe tomorrow.

Top Bottom