Anyone been brave enough to cycle in this cold snap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Unlike humans, cats are far from stupid.

A cat might only have a brain the size of a walnut, but having had cats for 23 years, it's definitely quality over quantity. :smile:

117742050_n.jpg

A cat might only have a brain the size of a walnut, but having had cats for 23 years, it's definitely quality over quantity. :smile:

View attachment 573427
Yebbutt there are plants that clever.
And they are less savage and more trustworthy.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Had to stop on my commute home this morning. Back wheel felt a bit odd and getting worse. By the time I decided I definitely wasn't imagining it I stopped to find the spokes were all loose and the wheel flapping around. I reckon another mile and I would have been sat on the hub :eek:
-6°C and I had just got far enough to work up a bit of a sweat, just what you need when you have a ride stopping mechanical.

Anyway, 10 minutes with my trusty spoke key and I had a tight, rideable wheel again and was only suffering mild numbness in my fingertips. Core temperature didn't suffer, which is lucky because I was only dressed sufficiently to keep moving, not for standing around. Thankfully I think the extreme dryness saved me.
Be careful out there folks, you can soon get into trouble in these conditions.

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Just noticed cx world championships are on BBC iplayer this weekend. Women Saturday 14.10 and mens Sunday 14.05
Easton Neston is on one of my off road loops. Very pleasant.
View attachment 573398

View attachment 573402
Small world, until she had to come and live with us my Mum lived in Shutlanger. Would love to see Easton Neston up close.

Enjoying a week off. Have been told if I smash my shoulder up one more time it may be inoperable, I'm passing on unnecessary risk. The rest of the year I'll take my chances..

johnblack

Über Member
Yep, I cycled back through Shutlanger and down to Stoke Brurne as the return leg of my loop.
The Plough in Shutlanger has converted the barn in to a shop which is a handy addition.

johnblack

Über Member
Small world, until she had to come and live with us my Mum lived in Shutlanger. Would love to see Easton Neston up close.

Enjoying a week off. Have been told if I smash my shoulder up one more time it may be inoperable, I'm passing on unnecessary risk. The rest of the year I'll take my chances..
It's an amazing house, used to be owned by Lord Hesketh, now owned by Leon Max, apparently he's a good chap. Always opens it up for the Grafton hunt on Boxing day and has spent a large sum of money on renovations, doesn't own all the land, Hesketh still has some of that and a friend had the shooting rights around the racecourse till fairly recently, it's a shame the racecourse doesn't get used anymore, had some good day there.

Went out riding yesterday - into the wind made breathing difficult - although that may have been made worse by my asthma

so today I am not bothering - walked into town rather than riding - still damn cold though into the wind
had to unzip coat and fleece on the way back as it was downwind and I was overheating!!!!

Cymro74

Been out on two 30 mile rides this week, mostly on roads I know are gritted. No snow in South Wales but ice to look out for. I got off and walked on two sections of sheet ice.
The positive was that ysterday I set some of my fastest strava segment times despite not trying and using my old hybrid. Reason was a 25mph easterly tailwind. Unfortunately I had to ride into this wind along coast which felt like a long mountain climb.

Top Bottom