Anyone braving the cold today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
School run on foot today (4km one way) I didnt have my ice tyres on. We got half way down into the alley and the school sent a text to turn us around. I’ll go and get the sledge out the loft then.
We got a text message at 6:30 AM to tell us the school’s closed. Can’t fault them for letting us know in plenty of time. My wife was annoyed though as the text arriving woke her up.

pjd57

Veteran
I don't think I can even get to the shed , never mind get a bike out.
About 2 feet of snow here in Summerston , G23.

Sixmile

Veteran
I battled through the cold the last few days but the wind on the way home last night was enough for me. It has strengthened this morning to around 40mph gusts so needless to say, it was a rest day for the legs and took the car to work.

Alan O

Über Member
I braved the -2 deg and 40mph winds this morning... for the 10 minute walk to the gym, where it's lovely and warm ^_^

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Went for a little spin yesterday after a day of alternating sun and light snow. The garmin eventually 'acclimatised' to read below minus 6. BRRRRRR!
Offroad paths were a mixture of mud, hoggin and similar - no problems with grip. Roads were a little dicey.

Warm weather next week? Clearance sales of gloves and spiked tyres? Might stock up so I'm well prepared for the next cold snap (about 8 years time).
upload_2018-3-1_12-12-22.png

upload_2018-3-1_12-11-47.png
upload_2018-3-1_12-11-47.png

pjd57

Veteran
Trip to the football yesterday.
Main roads through Glasgow were ok.
Few slushy bits but nothing too serious.
Any bits of cycle lane I passed had been used as a convenient place to shovel snow onto.
Slow and steady only added about 5 mins onto my normal 37/38 minutes each way.

Top Bottom