Anyone else keep getting colds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
Ive had bad enough colds to keep me from riding seriously about 4 times this year. I'm not drinking all that much, sleep all right, my diet is OK, I take some vitamins (not that I think that makes much difference). A couple of times after I've been flying I've noticed I've caught something, but I don't think that is the cause of everything.

Anyone else keep getting sick?

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Small children in the house? The Snot Twins were (are) always very democratic when it came to sharing germs.

Last edited:

uclown2002

Guru
I've not had a cold since I started to live on my own about 4 years ago; the same time I took up cycling. Perhaps both are contributory factors.

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
I haven't had a cold for a few years (3 or 4). I've put it down to the amount of fruit and veg I eat each day which I wasn't eating before (when I used to get 3-4 colds a year).

screenman

Legendary Member
How hard are you training?

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Aye, one each in October & November then sandbagged by a right 'un in December. Five days in bed with nowt to eat for three. I've not been right since. If I get on the bike I start wheezing like a leaky boiler. It's just not enjoyable.
Can't be anything seriously wrong cos I've put on two stone since Christmas.

jnrmczip

Could be training to much and not letting your body have a brake. Although you say your diet is fine are you sure you are eating enough to keep up with training etc.
I get colds a couple of times a year but that's probably due to the kids sharing germs and working with the public. And they never last to long which is good

classic33

Leg End Member
Try eating some ice cream, at a time when you'd normally be doing very little(body gets into a routine), the next time you get one.

Top Bottom