Apalling actions from an Arriva bus driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hip Priest

Veteran
You could not make it up...I post the above comment about Droid and then he posts his latest Youtube vid>

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oled9yaCoM

watch from around 1:10 in..... Glad to see comments there criticising his positioning

I feel a bit sorry for Droid.

The accident he had obviously affected him badly, and I genuinely think he may be suffering psychologically from the after-effects. Whichever way you slice it, it isn't normal to have all those cameras or hand out calling cards.

In that incident, the taxi driver seemed reasonable. Not a cry baby, as the disturbing soundtrack suggested.

PK99

Legendary Member

The accident he had obviously affected him badly, and I genuinely think he may be suffering psychologically from the after-effects. Whichever way you slice it, it isn't normal to have all those cameras or hand out calling cards.

In that incident, the taxi driver seemed reasonable. Not a cry baby, as the disturbing soundtrack suggested.

me too, PTSD?

I think he needs help.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I must admit. I do carry cards with my YT username on it. Not for drivers, but for people that I meet. Unfortunately I havent had the opportunity to give one out yet.
The cards are not designed for bad drivers or people who I argue with, its for nice people that I meet. I got the idea from Droid giving his out to people.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I must admit. I do carry cards with my YT username on it. Not for drivers, but for people that I meet. Unfortunately I havent had the opportunity to give one out yet.
The cards are not designed for bad drivers or people who I argue with, its for nice people that I meet. I got the idea from Droid giving his out to people.

:eek:.......................:wacko:

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy

The red cards and handing out bad driver droid cards is OTT. I think he takes it too far all of the time. I think its to play to his youtube audience. However that being said some of the driving is ridiculous like his latest bus one. It puts the drivers in mats video among the angels. For cameras I think 3 is the perfect number 4 being the ultimate push.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W__WqLdHpz4

Hip Priest

Veteran
The red cards and handing out bad driver droid cards is OTT. I think he takes it too far all of the time. I think its to play to his youtube audience. However that being said some of the driving is ridiculous like his latest bus one. It puts the drivers in mats video among the angels. For cameras I think 3 is the perfect number 4 being the ultimate push.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W__WqLdHpz4

Jesus, that's an awful pass.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
How about this red card he hands out to the cab following him @ 3:20 in

Is that the sort of cycling behaviour we would like to endorse?

Droid, like Matt, thinks he is doing no wrong.

Matt, what do you think of Droid doing this crap?

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oC2t9lD12U

Well.... the red card does put across clearly in a calm manner what he thinks of this persons driving. Personally I think its OTT but I guess its better than him shouting at drivers among other things which undoubtedly could escalate a situation well pass a reasonable point. I have seen videos where that's enough for someone to stop and engage in a shouting match camera or no camera.
Most of the time I don't see any specifically wrong with his cycling.
When you say "crap" what specifically are you relating too.
Note: The taxi driver is a nobber.

PK99

Legendary Member
Well.... the red card does put across clearly in a calm manner what he thinks of this persons driving. Personally I think its OTT but I guess its better than him shouting at drivers among other things. Most of the time I don't see any specifically wrong with his cycling.

and where is Droid looking? is his attention focussed on the child about to step out into the road in front of him? Or on the red card and the car behind.

Watch the image on Matt's head cam on many of his videos, he give a very long look at the driver behind, or who has turned off instead of the road ahead while himself riding on at pace.

Each of them has too much focus on the camera (Ha!) and their future up load instead of the road ahead.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
and where is Droid looking? is his attention focussed on the child about to step out into the road in front of him? Or on the red card and the car behind.

Watch the image on Matt's head cam on many of his videos, he give a very long look at the driver behind, or who has turned off instead of the road ahead while himself riding on at pace.

Each of them has too much focus on the camera (Ha!) and their future up load instead of the road ahead.

A driver turns over the station on the radio or looks in their wing mirror, attention is diverted. It is implausible to expect one to divert 100% solid attention to that of which is ahead of them all of the time. You pick you're moments having considered all other plausible risks.
Naturally when someone toots at me I look behind to see what they want. He managed to pull out his red card as well.

Checking over the video no one was crossing so unless I missed this person, I find the point invalid. Mainly due to the fact that he well could have looked forward to monitor in front of him to check for risks then proceeded to give the red card. The camera does not show where his eyes are looking so this is all speculation. On top of that even if he were to look down what is in front of him very well could still remain within his peripheral vision . Unless you of course are going to make the point that one should not look anywhere other than in front of them in case of a random child is about to step out.
If you even want to travel BS alley he could have used the time while giving the red card to assess the situation with the taxi driver and to decide what the next best action is to possibly improve the situation.
The same principle of your argument could be applied to a situation where a rider shoulder checks to change lanes and a random mythical kid runs out in front. So do you expect that he should just change lane without looking in case this speculative child runs out? The answer is of course not.

I'm not a fan of the droid but your point is feeble boarderline stupid.

AndyRM

XOXO
24 pages and we've lost the plot. Good stuff.

I will help derail us further by chucking in my opinion of TrafficDroid. He's a weapons grade fool of a cyclist. If you are spending more money on cameras than you are on your bike it's time for a word with yourself.

Mr. T, please do not give out cards with your YouTube name on. It further discredits your arguments against bad driving and looks rather like petty sensationalism.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Just when it seemed that the thread was petering out after Boris' fire, we have yet more helmet/foot/thigh/ear/ footage to pore over - hoorah!

Crazy thought: if people spent just a quarter of the time analyzing and "constructively criticizing" other peoples' riding and driving as they did examining their own behaviour on the roads, there would be far less hypocrisy and cavilling on threads like these and, who knows, they might actually become safer road users themselves!

Origamist

Legendary Member
wtf's the deal with the camera on the stick? The guy is nuts.

That's nothing, Ian. Gaz had an elective eye operation last week and replaced his eyeball with a nano camera on a telescopic stalk. It films at 4K, has a 360 degree viewing angle, infra-red capability and a 1000 x zoom. He can even see through tinted windows and stare into the soul of the driver that cut him up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom