Are B&Q THE most inept...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
bunch of useless morons you ever had to deal with ?
Rant time....:angry:
Before I begin, ive always found their store staff good, but there aftersales / online and delivery people beggar belief, I really don't think ive EVER had such poor service.
Ordered 10 internal doors which duly arrived, 2 damaged. No problem, it happens, phone and request 2 replacements, agree delivery date, take day off...no doors arrive.
Phone them...no, the order was cancelled they say...by who I say...errr no idea they say. Day off wasted..
Several phone calls follow, some they just put you on eternal hold then the line goes dead, once they hung up half way through, once they accused ME of getting it all wrong....:angry:
Eventually we had to threaten them to get the doors out of my house TOMORROW or we'll arrive at the store with them and raise merry hell....I want my money back now, not replacements. They actually collected them with that threat.
3 weeks later, now I have to wait gawld knows how long to get my money back.

Before all that, I ordered bathroom items IRO £260. Some were to be delivered in a few days...they never turned up. Phone them...they don't know what i'm talking about, then they do, then they make alternative delivery arrangements...then I get a letter telling me to ring them to make other arrangements.
Eventually we've agreed another date...i'm not holding my breath.

Then they ring to say the bath I ordered is ready, we arrange delivery...now they've rung and said unfortunately we havn't got your bath, please ring to arrange an alternative date :wacko:

I'm sorry I ever gave them one red cent of my money, for tuppence i'd cancel the lot and start again but I start the bathroom refurb in less than 2 weeks...
:angry::wacko::cry:
Are they known for this ?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Just like most large chains, there's good and bad branches.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Just like most large chains, there's good and bad branches.
The branch people are fine, its the online, aftersales, service side that's wholly inept.

Did you pay by Credit Card? If so claim the cash back and tell them to go to hell.
I'm close to that but time is against us to start looking again...I always want to see what i'm buying..i don't like to order stuff unseen.
Really close, nothing would give me more pleasure...and peace of mind..to tell em to stuff the lot of it.

young Ed

Veteran
go to the store and buy the stuff there and then in store over the counter, assuming they have the stuff in stock. if you can't fit a bath or doors or what ever else in your vehicle and don't have a suitable trailer either get a mate to lend you a hand or hire a van for the day (they really aren't that hard to drive)
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Sadly its not that easy YoungEd, the particular bath and doors are not held in any stores, they're just showroom examples.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I bought the new bathroom suite last year in the sale and was told you'd get this next week..3 fooking months later and bit missing..lol after all that's B & Q for you!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Wickes is as bad: they send me a broken vanity unit, replaced it 2 weeks later with another sink :wacko: then the plumber discovered the new bath had a hole :cursing: while the tiler found out that the floor tiles were not suitable for floors - the salesman said they were - and anyway there was not enough to do the job.
The warehouse delivery (scheduled for a month after purchase) should have come on the same day as the store delivered items ... the store forgot!
5 weeks over Christmas and the new year without washing facilities for me :evil:
You had it easy with B&Q! :laugh:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Find out where the proffesionals shop locally and use that shop, it will not be a retail outfit.
Ha!
Had to buy bathroom ceiling cladding, as they did not sell it in Wickes.
Flooring guy recommended cladding guy round the corner, he refused to sell it to me.
Next cladding guy along the line took a week to make his mind up if he could sell me it or not. Trade only :angry:

Top Bottom