Are electrically assisted bikes cheating (poll)

are electrically assisted bikes...cheating?

• yes

Votes: 52 20.6%
  • no

Votes: 200 79.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For me, it counts as cheating, unless the person is struggling with injury or unable to cycle properly in general. The modern person wants everything to be as easy and simple as possible as well, where as I see more benefits to cycling, rather than using an e-cycle.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Nope.....anybody can buy one if you have the cash

What mobility scooter do you have?

Reactions: mjr

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
What mobility scooter do you have?
i don't have one of those either....but my partner has mobility issues and with the right amount of cash they can be bought just like a you can buy a car......

to many assumptions being made here i think from some members

Johnno260

Veteran
I don't see the issue, they're great for people who are getting older but want to continue to cycle, or people with injuries.

People who want to commute but have a little help when needed as well.

Reactions: mjr
Who might be being cheated here, and out of what?
The price tends to be pretty high for the average cycling fan, so your bank account might feel cheated. Plus has it got the reliability features of a regular cycle? Added weight with the battery to, usually only good for between 20-40 miles, I think. I know you can manually cycle but for me, it isn't the same.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
The price tends to be pretty high for the average cycling fan, so your bank account might feel cheated. Plus has it got the reliability features of a regular cycle? Added weight with the battery to, usually only good for between 20-40 miles, I think. I know you can manually cycle but for me, it isn't the same.
I got 48 out of mine with 2 bars out of 5 left........every bike can breakdown.

As for cheating the bank account....thats the stupidest comment i have ever read about having an ebike

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
As for cheating the bank account....thats the stupidest comment i have ever read about having an ebike

Quite. But then assertions that e-bikes in non-race situations constitute 'cheating' are a similar level of wilful idiocy to that exhibited by flat earth believers.

Curious that 42 poll respondents out of 219 (as things currently stand) appear to be professing to be that idiotic...….

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Quite. But then assertions that e-bikes in non-race situations constitute 'cheating' are a similar level of wilful idiocy to that exhibited by flat earth believers.

Curious that 42 poll respondents out of 219 (as things currently stand) appear to be professing to be that idiotic...….

Such people love to join in

Top Bottom