Are electrically assisted bikes cheating (poll)

are electrically assisted bikes...cheating?

• yes

Votes: 52 20.6%
  • no

Votes: 200 79.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Condemnation is simply a point on the spectrum of opinion.
again you refuse to accept my point..........judging others IS NOT an opinion

jowwy

How do you stop judging others and be accepting?
  1. Monitor your thoughts.Think about what you thinking about. I often go along thinking things about other people, judging them, and I don't even realize it. ...
  2. Look for the positive. Judgments are negative. ...
  3. Avoid stereotyping. ...
  4. Stop judging yourself. ...
  5. Focus on your own life. ...
  6. Remember how it feels.

Judgmental is a negative word to describe someone who often rushes to judgment without reason. Judgmental types are not open-minded or easygoing.

jowwy

You, when it comes to other people's rights to their opinions.
As i have already stated on numerous ocassions within this thread

I have NO problem with people having an opinion.....i am forthright and forceful with my own on quite a lot of things

But dont judge people on making a choice.....its tantamount to bullying, which leads on to other things.

If you cant accept that, then there in lies the problem....but its with you, not me

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
You've lost me now.

I think the confusion, at least mine, has arisen because you wrote:

I don't see the attraction in it if you are old, ill or infirm

... when those circumstances are exactly what *would* make electric bikes attractive.

Maybe you could clarify why you feel elderly, ill or infirm people wouldn't find an e-bike attractive.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I think it is great that e bikes are getting sedentary people off the sofas and out of their cars.

pjd57

Veteran
I think the confusion, at least mine, has arisen because you wrote:

... when those circumstances are exactly what *would* make electric bikes attractive.

Maybe you could clarify why you feel elderly, ill or infirm people wouldn't find an e-bike attractive.
You are right.
I meant I don't see the attraction if you are not .....

gbb

Legendary Member
Haha! So defensive! Why?
I still hold that it's possible to go from a 2 b with hardly any effort, certainly not enough to be considered a workout. Remember - I'm a fan of ebikes, I'm in the market for one. I'm not considering one for exercise, though.
You can go from A 2 B with hardly any effort...but you can on a normal bike too.
The less effort you put in on an ebike, the less you get out of it .
On my commute of 14 miles, I can take it really easy, and it will plod along at say 12 mph if I use a particularly low cadence. The minute I up the cadence...and effort, up goes the speed .
I can arrive fresh or sweaty, depends on the effort I put in....same as a normal bike.
I will arrive a lot fresher, but it's certainly not a free ride on an ebike.

dodgy

Choosing to ride an ebike is a bit like opting to use the travellator in airports when you could walk if you were able.

jowwy

Choosing to ride an ebike is a bit like opting to use the travellator in airports when you could walk if you were able.
And he who choose’s whichever way, does so without judgement in my eyes.........as it’s their choice

Top Bottom