Are electrically assisted bikes cheating (poll)

are electrically assisted bikes...cheating?

• yes

Votes: 52 20.6%
  • no

Votes: 200 79.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

There's no bullying, just difference in opinion. Why get all het up when someone decides they might buy an ebike when they find conventional cycling too difficult? Why does everyone need to conform to your opinions on ebikes jowwy? Just accept that many people enjoy the satisfaction of a tough bike ride and aren't ready to strap a motor on to make it easier, yet.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
There's no bullying, just difference in opinion. Why get all het up when someone decides they might buy an ebike when they find conventional cycling too difficult? Why does everyone need to conform to your opinions on ebikes jowwy? Just accept that many people enjoy the satisfaction of a tough bike ride and aren't ready to strap a motor on to make it easier, yet.
read what i said...its not about their opinion, its the judgement they make of others and when, how, what they ride.......

if they put a personal opinion forward about ebikes, then that's acceptable. but its not acceptable to judge others on their choices......it's the same as the bullies that judge other's based on sex, religion, race etc etc etc its narrow minded bigatory

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
ok ok, I've changed my mind. Ebikes are for old people and for those that have failed at real cycling.

and yet another rule......what is this REAL cycling you talk about??

Oh dear...

Fished In.jpg

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
The guy i ride with who has an E-bike, Bought it because he is lazy, and openly admits it. But he is a good mate, we ride a lot together and it enables him to keep up, So nothing wrong with E-bikes at all. :okay:

pjd57

Veteran
The same as the small portion of smug twits that state " i dont need one at my time of life".....its like stating you should only have one if your old, ill and infirm.....just not in the same direct manner :okay:

I don't see the attraction in it if you are old, ill or infirm

Edit ......I meant not old etc.
Sorry for confusion

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't see the attraction in it if you are old, ill or infirm

In what?? E-bikes? Why not?

Because they don't work properly once they've been soaked in wee.

Drago

Legendary Member
i'm just fed up of seeing the constant drivel...

:rolleyes:

Let me get this straight, because I am jolly confused now. You're taking the stance that people can ride whatever machine they want. OK, I follow that.

But you're also taking the stance people can't have whatever opinion they want. This seems an utter contradiction, you tolerate people's freedom to ride as they wish, but not to opine as they wish.

And you're complaining about drivel?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
:rolleyes:

Let me get this straight, because I am jolly confused now. You're taking the stance that people can ride whatever machine they want. OK, I follow that.

But you're also taking the stance people can't have whatever opinion they want. This seems an utter contradiction, you tolerate people's freedom to ride as they wish, but not to opine as they wish.

And you're complaining about drivel?
maybe its best you go back and read my post on opinion.....i stated i accept people can have an opinion, what i dont accept is the judgement of others

judging others is not an opinion, its a condemnation of their choice.

hope this helps

Top Bottom