Are electrically assisted bikes cheating (poll)

are electrically assisted bikes...cheating?

• yes

Votes: 52 20.6%
  • no

Votes: 200 79.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjd57

Veteran
I was being heckled , in a good natured way , to go faster by a small , chubby, deliveroo chap.
He was behind me shouting faster , faster, then passed me.

Only then did I notice his back wheel had a big electronic hub.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Because it's hardly English?
You know what im getting at......make the opinion personal to you. Rather than generalising it to mean something else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drago

Legendary Member
I was being heckled , in a good natured way , to go faster by a small , chubby, deliveroo chap.
He was behind me shouting faster , faster, then passed me.

Only then did I notice his back wheel had a big electronic hub.

I endured something similar last summer. I was taking it steady jn the extreme heat because I didn't want to die, but when the chubby fellow on the ebike thought he'd try and be funny and gee'd me up in a similar manner I was happy to oblige, throwing caution to the wind and buggering off on my 36 year old Claud and left him in my wake.

They think they're funny and they are....but not for the reasons they think.

I've no issue with ebikes whatsoever. Not my thing at this stage in life, but I don't get upset over them. What does annoy me is the small proportion of smug twits that ride them, though I guess every mode of transport has it's own Prince Edward in the family.

jowwy

I endured something similar last summer. I was taking it steady jn the extreme heat because I didn't want to die, but when the chubby fellow on the ebike thought he'd try and be funny and gee'd me up in a similar manner I was happy to oblige, throwing caution to the wind and buggering off on my 36 year old Claud and left him in my wake.

They think they're funny and they are....but not for the reasons they think.

I've no issue with ebikes whatsoever. Not my thing at this stage in life, but I don't get upset over them. What does annoy me is the small proportion of smug twits that ride them, though I guess every mode of transport has it's own Prince Edward in the family.
The same as the small portion of smug twits that state " i dont need one at my time of life".....its like stating you should only have one if your old, ill and infirm.....just not in the same direct manner :okay:

gbb

Legendary Member
The same as the small portion of smug twits that state " i dont need one at my time of life".....its like stating you should only have one if your old, ill and infirm.....just not in the same direct manner :okay:
I suspect it's a tiny twist that's needed when people make that statement, it should probably be stated.....I don't need one at this point in my life. It may be that's what folk actually mean.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
You can afford to be smug if you don't use one, :laugh::laugh::laugh:
You need to change your Avatar.

jowwy

I'm sure that you could take anything you read the wrong way, but that's not really my problem.
i would just rather a see a more personal statement that effects you and not the condemnation of the other one you posted. in which it can be misconstrude to read/say something else...........
Great put down :laugh:
all i see is another smug twit
You can afford to be smug if you don't use one, :laugh::laugh::laugh:
You need to change your Avatar.
why do i need to change my avatar, that is actually me and not a picture of a celebrity with a pathetic quote attached

jowwy

I suspect it's a tiny twist that's needed when people make that statement, it should probably be stated.....I don't need one at this point in my life. It may be that's what folk actually mean.
then why dont they just say what the mean, rather than allow a twist to be made, so it can read something else........

Reactions: gbb

jowwy

I'm with you on e-bikes, but you're not coming over well on this, you risk becoming known as a KB Warrior
to be honest i dont care what inernet twits see me as on their screens, as they mean nothing to me and never will...........i'm just fed up of seeing the constant drivel and condemnation of what people ride, just because it doesn't fit their narrow minded protocol and rhetoric

Top Bottom