Are electrically assisted bikes cheating (poll)

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by jonny jeez, 14 Aug 2016.

?
  1. yes

45 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. no

187 vote(s)
    80.6%
  1. dodgy

dodgy Guru

Yeah, I realise all that. Like I said earlier in the thread, I actually like ebikes.

2. dodgy

dodgy Guru

Choosing to ride an ebike is a bit like opting to use the travellator in airports when you could walk if you were able.

3. jowwy

jowwy The bearded Powerhouse

And he who choose’s whichever way, does so without judgement in my eyes.........as it’s their choice

FishFright likes this.
  4. dodgy

dodgy Guru

When riding to work, i pass through a housing estate about 1.5 miles from the office, I see people getting in their cars that I know are driving to the same office.
    I judge them :biggrin:

johnblack likes this.
  5. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Extra solar

What is it like turboing on your ebike?

6. jowwy

Not got a clue.......

7. Phil Fouracre

Phil Fouracre Senior Member

Is this thread still going?
    We’ve got four, and they’re absolutely the dogs ........! Love every minute of riding, and, do I care? You guess....

8. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Most sensible post yet.

9. jowwy

What you got phil??

10. Phil Fouracre

Phil Fouracre Senior Member

First off, bought a BH Emotion following a spectacular paragliding accident, mainly for physio. Already had a couple of Thorn Raven Tours with Rholhoff hubs, so fitted Cyclotricity front wheel kits, nice handling, as, in effect, ‘two wheel drive’! Liked them so much I sold the BH. Wanting more comfort (back suffering as distances got longer) moved on then to buying two Giant Stance full suss MTBs, converted them with rear wheel kits, and bullet proof tyres (Schwalbe M+) so, ended up with bikes for ‘every occasion’, hence my comment

jowwy and FishFright like this.
  11. avole

avole Guest

Not a major fan of e-bikes, but then many have them for legitimate reasons. My neighbour, for example, bought his so he could keep up with his son and daughter, he being on the wrong side of 65 and they being only just within sight of 40. That the three of them live in a country not known for its rolling hills, Switzerland, might also explain his decision.

I also find them a lot less offensive than those blasted scooters and power board things that currently pollute Paris. Wouldn't mind, but they shouldn't be allowed on the pavements, which they appear to be there.

12. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

You need a "Legitimate reason" for owning an E bike? Perhaps there should be some sort of assessment you go through before they let you have one.

Or maybe the fact that you want one and it is nobody else's business what you ride could be reason enough?

13. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Extra solar

Ah thought by the way you responded to that post that you use your e bike on the turbo.

14. youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

Yes - maybe they should be prescription only? :scratch:

jowwy likes this.
  15. jowwy

I suppose you could with the motor switched off, then it’s just a normal bike

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice