Are electrically assisted bikes cheating (poll)

are electrically assisted bikes...cheating?

• yes

Votes: 52 20.6%
  • no

Votes: 200 79.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

When riding to work, i pass through a housing estate about 1.5 miles from the office, I see people getting in their cars that I know are driving to the same office.
I judge them :biggrin:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Nah....same as fitting any other bike

What is it like turboing on your ebike?

First off, bought a BH Emotion following a spectacular paragliding accident, mainly for physio. Already had a couple of Thorn Raven Tours with Rholhoff hubs, so fitted Cyclotricity front wheel kits, nice handling, as, in effect, ‘two wheel drive’! Liked them so much I sold the BH. Wanting more comfort (back suffering as distances got longer) moved on then to buying two Giant Stance full suss MTBs, converted them with rear wheel kits, and bullet proof tyres (Schwalbe M+) so, ended up with bikes for ‘every occasion’, hence my comment

User66445

Not a major fan of e-bikes, but then many have them for legitimate reasons. My neighbour, for example, bought his so he could keep up with his son and daughter, he being on the wrong side of 65 and they being only just within sight of 40. That the three of them live in a country not known for its rolling hills, Switzerland, might also explain his decision.

I also find them a lot less offensive than those blasted scooters and power board things that currently pollute Paris. Wouldn't mind, but they shouldn't be allowed on the pavements, which they appear to be there.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Not a major fan of e-bikes, but then many have them for legitimate reasons.
You need a "Legitimate reason" for owning an E bike? Perhaps there should be some sort of assessment you go through before they let you have one.

Or maybe the fact that you want one and it is nobody else's business what you ride could be reason enough?

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
You need a "Legitimate reason" for owning an E bike? Perhaps there should be some sort of assessment you go through before they let you have one.

Or maybe the fact that you want one and it is nobody else's business what you ride could be reason enough?
Yes - maybe they should be prescription only? :scratch:

Top Bottom