Are we being forced to go electric?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Would you want to buy anything from a company who may yet loose their charging system(including what is built into their vehicles) and their motive power units?
All currently in the court system for patent infringement. And a further case of breach of contract if they do lose their charging network.

I think I found the case you're alluding to. Graphite Charging inc llc. Incorporated in 2020, by what seems a former (Ms Ferro-lead litigant) IBM employee who filed a patents around 2010.

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/texas/txwdce/1:2023cv00925/1172751307

Patent 391 detect interrupt conditions during EV charging process
Patent 243 adaptive computing response environmental conditions.

Just paper concepts.

It would seem that since Tesla had been making these superchargers since 2013 and only now did GC Inc bring this claim, it would be likely they think they can milk Tesla.

I'm sure Tesla has a wealth of experienced patent lawyers to deal with patent sharks. GC are likely to be estopped-why didn't they bring the case in the early years of Tesla. GC can see the $$$$$ from the huge potential of Tesla Supercharging network.

Lets for arguments sake, say GC has a valid claim and have a chance of proving it, the charging network wont be switched off, Tesla would agree a license and everything will carry on as normal.

Remember Apple V Samsung over patents, went on for years, Apple ultimately gained nothing except hundreds of millions wasted on legal fees. This looks like a tiny firm with some basic concept chancing its arm.

I will from time to time look up this case, but doubt it will amount to anything accept Classic's disappointment that Tesla carries on regardless

Attachments

• gov.uscourts.txwd.1172751307.1.7.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • gov.uscourts.txwd.1172751307.1.0.pdf
    505 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I think I found the case you're alluding to. Graphite Charging inc llc. Incorporated in 2020, by what seems a former (Ms Ferro-lead litigant) IBM employee who filed a patents around 2010.

Just paper concepts.

It would seem that since Tesla had been making these superchargers since 2013 and only now did GC Inc bring this claim, it would be likely they think they can milk Tesla.

I'm sure Tesla has a wealth of experienced patent lawyers to deal with patent sharks. GC are likely to be estopped-why didn't they bring the case in the early years of Tesla. GC can see the $$$$$ from the huge potential of Tesla Supercharging network.

Lets for arguments sake, say GC has a valid claim and have a chance of proving it, the charging network wont be switched off, Tesla would agree a license and everything will carry on as normal.

Remember Apple V Samsung over patents, went on for years, Apple ultimately gained nothing except hundreds of millions wasted on legal fees. This looks like a tiny firm with some basic concept chancing its arm.

I will from time to time look up this case, but doubt it will amount to anything accept Classic's disappointment that Tesla carries on regardless

I really don’t get this absolute adoration of Tesla ? It’s a car ? A mode of transport ? Maybe I’m getting the wrong impression here but you want every other manufacturer to fail and Tesla to be the only kid on the block ? Apologies if that’s not the case but you’re doing a poor job of disguising it .

classic33

Leg End Member

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/texas/txwdce/1:2023cv00925/1172751307

Just paper concepts.

If that were the case, why would there be another case, breach of contract, waiting in the wings. Throwing money at it won't make it disappear.

CXRAndy

Guru
If that were the case, why would there be another case, breach of contract, waiting in the wings. Throwing money at it won't make it disappear.

Link the case. USA the most litigious country, companies sue all the time, most never get off the ground.

You think money doesn't talk, it certainly does. I wont be worrying about some tiny litigation that wont effect me

CXRAndy

Guru
Class action for mid advertising the range of their vehicles. Basically making false claims.

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit...y-falsely-advertised-electric-vehicles-range/

Snowflakes, complaining to extend battery life, its recommended to charge to 90%, but to get advertised range charge to 100%

And that effects the daily user first world problem

:laugh:

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Would you want to buy anything from a company who may yet loose their charging system(including what is built into their vehicles) and their motive power units?
All currently in the court system for patent infringement. And a further case of breach of contract if they do lose their charging network.

There's plenty of valid criticisms of EVs in general and Tesla in particular but this isn't one of them IMO; every large company, particularly in USA will have dozens of similar claims against them. It's just normal.

classic33

Leg End Member
There's plenty of valid criticisms of EVs in general and Tesla in particular but this isn't one of them IMO; every large company, particularly in USA will have dozens of similar claims against them. It's just normal.
True, however the number of cases filed against Tesla reached four figures a while back.
What good is an electric car if the battery can't be charged. Seperate case for the technology fitted in the vehicle to allow the battery to be charged safely. Not any external charger.

Taking yourself to court has to be the oddest one yet. Which is another court case, Tesla v Tesla!

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
True, however the number of cases filed against Tesla reached four figures a while back.
What good is an electric car if the battery can't be charged. Seperate case for the technology fitted in the vehicle to allow the battery to be charged safely. Not any external charger.

Taking yourself to court has to be the oddest one yet. Which is another court case, Tesla v Tesla!

If you worried about this sort of thing you'd never buy anything from a company with a US business.

Whether we need all these companies or not, they will not just roll over & go bust, they have in some cases been around over a hundred years, they have lots of experience, I genuinely think Tesla could be at risk once the big boys set their stall out to finish them

I think this might be wishful thinking on your part.
The big boys have been very slow off the mark and we've all seen long established companies fail.

I'd not be surprised if we wouldn't even recognize the brand of the top EV in 15 years time.

DRM

Guru

No I would need to be very confident that the vehicle, & the network needed to charge away from home is rock solid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom