Are we being forced to go electric?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE="Chislenko, post: 6765202, member: 109999"

there sat playing on his phone idling away time was an EV owner waiting for one of the three points to become available.

This highlights the need for plentiful, working charging points spread evenly throughout the country, rather than 500 mile range in an EV,
[/QUOTE]

They need to be quick charging and affordable too

D

Deleted member 26715

I am by no means an expert but I don't believe there is a mass market electric car (at the moment) that could do this journey without me having to stop and recharge adding time to my journey and consequently curtailing the time I spend with my mother. (There are no charging facilities at the care home)

There is, there is in fact a plethora vehicles that could do the 140 round trip on less than 75% charge, however you are going to probably have to spend North of £60K to get one, whereas you could pick up an ICE for less than £600 which would also do it.

Just another case of the haves & have nots

Chislenko

Veteran
There is, there is in fact a plethora vehicles that could do the 140 round trip on less than 75% charge, however you are going to probably have to spend North of £60K to get one, whereas you could pick up an ICE for less than £600 which would also do it.

Just another case of the haves & have nots

140 Each Way!

Another option could be to charge on someone else's drive near the care home.
That's the secret. Charge when the car's not being used.

D

Deleted member 26715

Another option could be to charge on someone else's drive near the care home.
That's the secret. Charge when the car's not being used.

Is that a thing, is there an App for it, what's the legal standing of selling your electricity to somebody else? I suppose if you have an off grid PV system, but what if you are on the grid?

Alex321

Veteran
Is that a thing, is there an App for it, what's the legal standing of selling your electricity to somebody else? I suppose if you have an off grid PV system, but what if you are on the grid?

I can't see there being any issue with the legality of selling on your electricity - unless your contract forbids it. Every charging station will be doing that.

CXRAndy

Guru
140 Each Way!

There are probably 10 Models capable of return trip of 140 each way without charging. But who drives 140miles and then turns around almost instantly. Surely if you drive 140 you're going to be stopping for several hours before returning. Charge whilst parked up even with a 3 pin plug you would get 6 miles per hour charge. A dedicated 7kW charger would give 25-30miles per hour charge rate

CXRAndy

Guru

You can charge at low rates. You can do what you like with your electric. When staying with relatives who don't have an EV charging. I plug in on an extension lead. Give them £15 to fully charge my car. But we don't do visits less than a day

D

Deleted member 26715

There are probably 10 Models capable of return trip of 140 each way without charging. But who drives 140miles and then turns around almost instantly. Surely if you drive 140 you're going to be stopping for several hours before returning. Charge whilst parked up even with a 3 pin plug you would get 6 miles per hour charge. A dedicated 7kW charger would give 25-30miles per hour charge rate

I missed it was 140 each way, but I did read that he was visiting his mother in a care home where there are no charging facilities, but I used to regularly drive 100-150 miles, put what I bought in the car & drive home, never stopped in either direction.

Zap Map will find charging places for you. People also rent out their drives as parking spaces - it's similar to that.
I can't see any electricity company having an issue with you selling a few Kw on.

Chislenko

Veteran

As I stated in my original post there are no charging facilities at the care home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom