Are you happy where you live????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
swee said:
Or thereabouts... (that's my job BTW - studying surveillance!)

Moodyman

Legendary Member
No, I'm not happy.

I should be: nice spacious house, well modernised, desirable street & area, great road & train links, well regarded schools, great park, good neighbours (bar a few), doorstep to the Dales. But it's just archetypal.

It's typical suburbia, pretentious, false, keeping up with the proverbial joneses.

I'd like to be somewhere quieter, a bit more relaxed, Where you're judged for who you are, not by what you possess or your social strata.

Got a young family so current location ticks all the boxes. Will move when they're older.

Randochap

Senior hunter
Very. Nice city, 10 minutes to the countryside.

Rivendell_Bleriot1.jpg

Bayerd

Über Member
Yes, very much so. Countryside all around, great cycling routes, good network of friends and family close by, work in Manchester 40 mins away. Also good pubs on the doorstep. The only thing missing for me is the sea. I grew up 100 yds from it and still miss it 20 years later.

andyfromotley

Otley, oh yes. An aquired taste but well worth the effort.

One small moan, were a long way from the seaside.

colly

Re member eR
andyfromotley said:
Otley, oh yes. An aquired taste but well worth the effort.

One small moan, were a long way from the seaside.

Ah so that's what it is. And there was me wondering what I had eaten.;)

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
No sleep 'til .....Oxfordshire

I'm moving to Burford in Oxfordshire-not an area of the country I know that well, though did live near Marlborough for a few years in the 70s. Looks like an area with plenty of roadriding potential and for MTBing the Cotswolds are nearby, plus the Malverns , Chilterns and S Wales aren't too far away. Burford itself seems quite a nice little town and the nearest railway station [Kingham] is reasonably close with direct trains to London. Anyway it's always exciting exploring a new area-there's even an MTB club just down the road in Witney:becool:

Top Bottom