argos selling a fixed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zigzag

Veteran
And I thought argos sold enough shoot.

I can't even understand why people would buy a bike so cheap - do people not realise that cheap = shoot?

that's usually the case, but not always. once i came across the bike on christmas sale in decathlon - £149 - the price i couldn't resist. all decent quality parts and with few upgrades and swaps for maybe another £100 i ended up with a perfect commuter bike that's ultra reliable, fairly fast and rather comfy. i've traveled vast distances on it and it still works like a swiss clock, despite being abused everyday in all weathers for almost two years.

Jezston

Über Member
It's just another permutation of the infamous 'Create' budget fixed gear bike. Do a Google search for them and you'll unearth a mound of horror stories. Just don't bother. It looks horrific, and they are, indeed, horrific.

Are these actually Create bikes, though? I thought Create were cheap and cheerful, not great quality and pretty heavy but fairly tolerable, rather than full on death trap flawed designs like these>

Ibbots

"FIXED GEAR BICYCLEThey are the scourge of modern bike fashion actually fixies are almost nothing but fashion. In this fast moving world where fashion is playing an increasingly important role in setting and reflecting culture and tastes."

Just so long as you don't want to ride it anywhere.

wheres_my_beard

Über Member

You're hanging out in the wrong places :smile:

I am usually cycling past them at great speed, spreading a cloud of dust into their moppy hair, christmas jumpers, and loafers.

Well cycling past them at least.

Jonathing

Über Member
Given the differences I've experienced in what I've ordered from Agro's and what I've actually ended up with when I've got it home and assembled it, you might actually end up with something entirely ridable. Or perhaps not.

montage

God Almighty
You too are making judgments about the quality yet claim you smell snobbery from others. Interesting.

What colour is that kettle?

Now it isn't just snobbery I am smelling, but nobbery as well.

Thread upon thread about BSOs have people saying that for a cheap price, shops like Argos could sell a simple fixie or something of the like. Now it has happened and guess what, people still want to have a good old moan. Yes there is room for improvement with the product but it is a step up from these coiled springy things which ride like the equivalent of trying to run in flip flops.

Top Bottom